Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pub quiz questions you'd be appalled to get wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another thing.

Doesn't this belong in the games forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
      I guess the quiz master could use Sexual Healing as 'illustration' if he were then to ask a question based on Marvin Gaye in the sixties, but given the many more appropriate alternatives available - why would he?

The 'New York/America' answer is just unfortunate. If he'd not specified, then obviously both are correct.

(The most vexing question about Johnson's birth is obviously 'why?', however.)
      No, it was guess the artist from the song. I got it right, obviously, but it still rankled. Similar with the BJ question as I benefited from it. At least, he accepted his mistake whereas, sometimes, he just sticks to the answer he has written down. He is remarkably inconsistent with what partial answers he will accept. For instance, you may get 1 out of 2 points just for having, say, the first name of the person in one answer but not in another in the same quiz with no real logic.

To be fair, he is a top notch bingo caller after the pub quiz.
      Last edited by Bored Of Education; 26-07-2019, 11:25.

Comment

I think it's a 'quiz master'-thing - ours is a very nice guy (and a Spurs fan, which helps) who works hard on keeping the quiz varied, so any quibbles are generally delivered and received with a level of humour. (Occasionally, they'll rankle however, yes. That's just a combination of being competitive and a stickler for accuracy.)

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
        And another thing.

Doesn't this belong in the games forum?
        Well, with your 'quiz show' and 'game show' on TV, they're more often than not mutually-exclusive - ie, one requires knowledge and the other, well, usually just being prepared to make a Grade 1 t*t of oneself in front of the cameras.

However, if the 'crossword' thread is there (which it is), then maybe you have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
          So.

We've got Carpenter, Watts, Collins then

Can we try and guess the others?

(Presumably it's a round of four then guess the connection?)

I'll go for

Moon

It was a round of 10. Question 10 being : What is the connection?

Yes, The moon was one answer.
          Others I can remember:

Which football league team play their home games at Highbury?
          Which comedian owned the Grand National winner Minnehoma?
          What is Miss Piggy's surname?
          What colour are the stars on the Brazilian Flag?

Comment

Fleetwood, Starr, pass, and White?

Comment

That's it. I must have a mental block on female drummers because my first thought was Alan White of Plastic Ono Band & Yes till the penny dropped on Meg.

The Miss Piggy one is a bit dubious. Apparently some reference is made in some sources to her name being Lee (Piggy Lee geddit?) The link being Tommy Lee of Motley Crue.

Comment

So.

A question for one of

Baker
                Rich
                Beard
                ​Thompson
                or Buckler

​​​​​​then

Comment

Working...
                X