Jetzt bin ich ein Bayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetzt bin ich ein Bayer

So, a bit of good news for the day—just picked up my German citizenship. I guess I'll have to pretend to get excited about white asparagus now.

I believe this is nearly the appropriate soundtrack for the occasion:

Congratulations. I am very jealous.

Comment

Einfach klasse, Stumpy, to give my rusty Junior Cert Deutsch an airing!

Comment

Congratulation, Stumpy. When you discover what the point of white asparagus is, be sure to tell us.

Comment

As I no doubt have said before, it can be genuinely decent when very fresh and is otherwise an adequate sauce delivery system.

Comment

I lived in Walldorf, home of the annual Spargelmarkt, for over a decade. I never learned to love white asparagus quite as much as, well, pretty much everyone else in the town, but it's not all bad. Spargelschnapps, however, was something I vowed never to try again. Absolutely rank.

Anyway, congratulations! I would have done the same, had we not hightailed it out over the Atlantic last year...

Comment

I don't think I've ever had an experience where green asparagus wouldn't do the job better

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                Congratulations. I am very jealous.
                Seconded.

Comment

Ausgezeichnet!

Comment

Willkommen an Bord!

Comment

Asparagus of any hue all about smelly widdle, isn't it?

Congratulations, Stumpy Pepys. Although your joy may be short-lived. I reckon there's going to be a Bavarexit by the time I turn sixty.

Should I ever get round to defecting, I'm going to insist on a name and birthplace of my choice on my ID card. My current favourites are Per Rohde and Bremerhaven.
                      Last edited by treibeis; 01-02-2019, 19:49.

Comment

Depends on the genetics of the widdler and those in proximity to him/her.

How many Brexit-related nationality changes have we now?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          Depends on the genetics of the widdler and those in proximity to him/her.
                          I don"t know any asparagus-eaters who don't revel in the stench of their post-dinner piss. Not one.

Comment

How many Brexit-related nationality changes have we now?
                            +1

So gut schmeckt spargel (mit roggenklotz?)

Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 01-02-2019, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                              Asparagus of any hue all about smelly widdle, isn't it?

Congratulations, Stumpy Pepys. Although your joy may be short-lived. I reckon there's going to be a Bavarexit by the time I turn sixty.

Should I ever get round to defecting, I'm going to insist on a name and birthplace of my choice on my ID card. My current favourites are Per Rohde and Bremerhaven.
                              Has this morphed into one of those genetic freak threads?

You know.

The ones who can roll their tongue?

The slap head freaks?

The MPB people?

RG colour blindness?

It's looking suspicioisus like eugenics.

Comment

Fuck ofF and die, autocorrect.

Suspiciously.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                  Seconded.
                                  Thirded. Would you like to adopt a 43 year old son? I'm largely house trained and I (almost) always get my round in.

Comment

Yes congrats Stumpy.

Comment

Congratulations. Add me to the list of those who are jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                        I don"t know any asparagus-eaters who don't revel in the stench of their post-dinner piss. Not one.
                                        Beelitzer Spargel is the stuff. I piss green and stinky the whole season. It's the taste of springtime.

Comment

Best wishes Stumpy, and congratulations. Remember to vote blindly for Britain in the Eurovision Song contest.

Comment

Nice - congratulations, stumpy. We should have a Converted Germans otfathon sometime. I got mine on Jan. 18th. - mentioned on the Brexit thread for those who dare venture in there. I envisioned the whole family coming down to watch me get sworn in, then cracking open some beers outside in front of the registry office, wearing the bootlegged green Götze shirt I wore while watching the 2014 World Cup final. However, the only time allotted to take the oath was Monday mornings between 7.30-11am, so that put the skids on that idea. The first thing I ended up doing as a German was to spend two hours in the dental chair having old fillings sawn out of the back of my mouth...

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                              Nice - congratulations, stumpy. We should have a Converted Germans otfathon sometime.
                                              Ooh, hark at him. "Converted Germans only". Ja, ne, dann bleiben wir unter uns, ne.

Well, bollocks to you, I wouldn't want to fucking come anyway. What, watching you lot sitting around in your mustard-coloured corduroy slacks and your collared shirts under your crew-neck sweaters, talking about your Bausparverträge, taking three hours to drink two small beers and then getting separate bills? Fuck off. I'd rather have a can of Elephant outside the Hauptbahnhof on my own.
                                              Last edited by treibeis; 04-02-2019, 09:12.

Comment

Noch eins, Herr treibeis.

Comment

Congrats, remember to BOYCOTT the Eurovision Song Contest...

Funny business this brexit-related nationality stuff: two Wolves poly peers, hugely hostile to ‘bourgeois marriage’ got married in Agen to guarantee they/their kids could stay put; pal who moved to Weinheim, took German citizenship, has just taken Irish passport, too- tho he’s the orangest person I know...

Second orangest (more cultural/historical than the Wohnheimer hexe, who is genuinely right wing) who is from Greenock, has just posted Facebook pics waving his green passport

Theres a lot of it about

Comment

Working...
                                                  X