Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most damage done to yourself whilst drunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got very pissed at the top of a mountain and thought it would be no problem to ski down and take in a couple of jumps on the way.

Injured my hip so badly it still hurts 20 years on.

My ex brother in law was chased out of a crack house ran up three flights of stairs pursued by the police, on to the roof and then took a running jump straight off it. It was one of those 5 storey 1940s jobs.

You'd have thought he'd die. But no the bastard got away with a broken leg, broken arm, a few broken ribs and strangely whiplash injuries to his neck.

Comment

Falling off a top bunk bed, smashing my chin on a set of drawers on the way down. I've played five-a-side pissed and ended up with strange bruises the next day.

Slightly off topic. Recently when drunk and minding my own business on my way home, I was headbutted by some little cuntfaced brat for no reason at all after being tapped on the shoulder. The cunt then had the gaul to turn to his mates about eight of them and call me a "faggot", shortly after blood pissed out of my nose all over my jumper. I don't wish death upon anyone but for cowards like this, something in the vicinity will do nicely thanks God of Gods.

Comment

I was pissed in a nightclub a couple of years ago, having been "lured" there by this girl I fancied. Things were going well, then I decided to do a little pissed dance for her amusement which- amazingly- was working and she giggling away. I was about 10 seconds away from moving in for the "kill", when I was suddenly beware that I was sitting on my arse on the floor with an intense pain in my knee- the kneecap had popped out and back in again in the blinking of an eye. I hobbled out soon after, humiliated and sore, but not that sore because of the alcohol and managed to walk home- almost certainly piling on the damage. Boy did I feel it the day after, as the knee swelled up good and proper, but unfortunately it was the only thing I felt (apart from my thumping head) as nothing kills the romance like serious knee injury. I was shit out of luck that night.

Comment

After a day's drinking, I once played football on a fairly steep hillside. The next morning I woke up to discover I'd cracked a rib.

After a day's drinking, I went to see Real Oviedo play at Santander. At the end of the game, I climbed up onto the perimeter fencing, fell off and sprained my wrist.

After a night's drinking, I once attempted a hitherto-untried shortcut home. This turned out to be an area of extremely dense brambles, and I soon got tangled up. I was so tired and pissed that I decided to wait til morning to extricate myself, and fell asleep. When I woke up the next day, I discovered I was still in a massive thorny bush (no smirking), but that said bush was about two feet away from a sheer 30 foot drop to a railway cutting. Walking home looking like an extra from "Carrie" was nothing to the shock and relief I felt at this potetial near-death experience.

Comment

Climbed up and fell off a big metal Christmas Tree in Liverpool city centre 10 years ago.

Hobbled away very hurt, while at the same time being told off (and laughed at) by the police.

Comment

ah yes so the injury, rather than just the imbibing of lambrini...

I got unnecesarily vexed by the presence of a vibrator dispensing machine in the gents toilets of Berlins night club in Bournemouth. So i hit it, I can't tell you the rationale behind this anymore, but it seemed the right thing for an 18 year old me to do.

I broke my hand and couldn't hold a pen or type with my right hand for about 2 months. Well done.

Comment

I can vouch for the fact that they are STILL in many bars/clubs in Bournemouth. Though I do find it strange that they are in the gents toilets...

Comment

my assault obviously didn't spell the end of them.

I imagine Berlins and it's amazing fun wall is long gone though?

Comment

Heh, I once did that. I was trying to take my coat off in a busy pub, and couldn't find anywhere to put my pint down, so I put the glass in my mouth, a la Eric Morecambe as Jimmy Durante. Needless to say I ended up with a mouthful of glass and covered in beer. Still, I wasn't drunk; it was (going to be) my first pint of the evening...
                    My glass in mouth story occurred when a woman I liked in college asked me to open a bottle of Bass Ale for her one night, and, in my not-at-all-sober state, I thought it would be impressive if I did it with my teeth. Unfortunately, I must have gotten the physics wrong, b/c I ended up with most of the top and neck of the bottle in my mouth and cuts down my lip and chin.

The worst drinking-induced injury I've witnessed was when my college roommate (after consuming the majority of a bottle of tequila) thought he'd look good with a brand on his arm like college athletes had at the time. In a kitchen with about 20 people trying to talk him out of it, he fastened a rough letter "C" from a clothes hanger, held it over the stove, and then had another friend of ours hold it against his right arm. I can remember the smell of his burning flesh.

Comment

Sorry. He says it was only two bottles of Lambrini and a white wine spritzer.

Comment

Those spritzers will do it everytime.

Comment

barndoorio wrote:
                          I imagine Berlins and it's amazing fun wall is long gone though?
                          After a quick bit of googling and research, I think, yes, its long gone. My mate had never head of it, but clubbing isnt really his thing (aside from the odd baby seal).

I am intrigued by the 'fun wall'...

Comment

It was actually 8 bottles of MD20/20, 3 litres of Lamb's Navy Rum, two Advocaats, 18 cans of Relentless and eight quid's worth of super unleaded.

Comment

So I have an old friend who has a big party for his birthday each year. Over the years it's become something of a reunion for many of us that were friends when we all lived in Brighton. During the afternoon of one of these parties, about 8 years ago, a bunch of us went out for a bike ride, during which I went over my handlebars thanks to the rather sensitive breaks on my new bike. I landed on one of my arms.

Then during the party itselfI took part in the game which involved putting a small person (me) on one end of a makeshift see-saw, and a bigger person in the middle. The big person then jumps on their end of the see-saw, and up goes the smaller person. If you time your jump badly your spine jars, but if you time it well you can go a long way up. I timed it too well. I can still clearly remember looking down whilst still travelling upwards, and seeing people panicking, clearly aware that I was about to fall a long way. I landed on the other arm.

It was a spaced themed party, and I'd come dressed as Obi-wan Kenobi. As part of the outfit I had a water bottle attached to the belt, which I filled with vodka and (not enough) lemonade. Whilst dancing on the patio later that evening I fell sideways and banged my head on the edge of a brick wall. Blood came pouring out, and while several people rushed to my attention the friend whose party it was rushed to get a camera. I smiled for the photo. I was then sent to the hospital, with an astronaut for company. I think I was rude to the nurse, but can't really remember.

When I woke up the next day I could barely move either arm, certainly not enough to clean the blood off my body. A friend had to cut my food up for me. It's a small miracle I didn't do any permanent damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X