Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
    Edit: Never mind. Not the place for it.
    Fucking hell, Crusoe: I see what you didn't, there.

Comment

Does anyone actually know what's going on? If he's not guilty*, someone, somewhere, better have bottomless pockets.

*Quiz question for ursus collective: name the three possible verdicts. (Shhhh, no whispering at the back.)

Comment

Who would Salmond sue? The Scottish Govt (civil service to the Executive) had to investigate the complaints, however flawed the process may have been. It's a bit shit that the mishandling of the initial investigation might destroy Sturgeon at this time, what with Brexit and all, given the Nats have precisely no one else that could plausibly take over.

Nightmare visions of FM Davidson, SLab abstaining from the vote as they'd rather a Tory than a Nat in power in the pretendy parliament.
        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 24-01-2019, 20:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
          Does anyone actually know what's going on? If he's not guilty*, someone, somewhere, better have bottomless pockets.

*Quiz question for ursus collective: name the three possible verdicts. (Shhhh, no whispering at the back.)
          SIR!!! SIR!!!! SIR!!!!! I know SIR!!!!!

Comment

We all know about Not Proven. It has been on the Telly.
            Last edited by ursus arctos; 24-01-2019, 20:47.

Comment

Bugger. Totally ruined my niche joke about wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post

They’re serious charges but I’m not going to make serious comment at the moment.
                But hey, two shite pun posts (from yourself, and others) are fine.

I thought you, and other OTFers, were a lot better than this.

Fucking hell access to the Internet continues to show me what an absolute bunch of cunts us humans are

Comment

Punning on an accused person's name is not the same as trivializing the offences, as should be clear from the seriousness of the Me Too and Weinstein threads on OTF. Have you any knowledge of MsD's posting history on sexual violence? Have you checked out the cancer thread, as to why humour might be a necessary relief from stress at this time?

There are legal reasons that prevent the offences being discussed seriously here in any case, as explained above.
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-01-2019, 03:00.

Comment

Originally posted by wiblflibl View Post

But hey, two shite pun posts (from yourself, and others) are fine.

I thought you, and other OTFers, were a lot better than this.

Fucking hell access to the Internet continues to show me what an absolute bunch of cunts us humans are
                    I think that you're being rather hysterical and unnecessarily unpleasant, wiblflibl.

Satchmo's defence of the comments and MsD's contribution is a very good summation. I'd just add that when the thread was first started there was no indication as to what Salmond was going to be charged with. Although there have been comments in the media about ongoing investigations, for all we knew he'd been caught shoplifting in Dorothy Perkins. If the nature of the offences under investigation were known I doubt if any of us would have attempted a little gentle humour, though to suggest that by doing so we wouldn't care about the alleged offences is a deliberately mean-spirited reading of the situation.

Comment

Well the judicial review he "won" last week and allegations in the Scottish Press made clear it was sexual harassment/assault he was accused of by two women, but I don't think anyone expected there to be multiple charges like this that most probably involves more than two complainants, or charges of attempted rape.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 25-01-2019, 02:25.

Comment

Frankly, when the information about an arrest first broke, I didn't think that it related to the sexual assualt allegations. Something about the way it was announced made me feel that it was probably related to another issue, hence the inappropriate levity on my part.

I doubt if anyone on OTF treats the charges as anything other than being of an extremely serious nature.

Comment

The precise details were and are suppressed to due to Scotland's stringent laws so the thread could not really get into the kind of discussion wiblflibl wants. That discussion will obviously occur when restrictions are lifted, and there won't be any puns. wiblflibl, with respect, is confusing two types of thread.

Comment

If anyone should get the blame, it's yours truly - having kickstarted the punfest. And I'll be honest, I didn't know the extent of the charges set to be levelled at Salmond at that point.

That said, I agree with NS and don't believe sanctimony is a worthy response to what were harmless comments (by everyone). This now looks and sounds rather grim and nobody here, least of all me, thinks the subject itself one to be joked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                              If anyone should get the blame, it's yours truly - having kickstarted the punfest. And I'll be honest, I didn't know the extent of the charges set to be levelled at Salmond at that point.

That said, I agree with NS and don't believe sanctimony is a worthy response to what were harmless comments (by everyone). This now looks and sounds rather grim and nobody here, least of all me, thinks the subject itself one to be joked about.
                              This, of course. The original link had no details or even suggestions about the nature of the crimes. The puns were fine at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

Snog, marry, avoid?

Comment

Christ.

Comment

Working...
                                  X