Things to look forward to no.25 - Here in my car, I feel safest of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    As usual, ad hoc and I share a wavelength.

I was going to suggest that he went to beat some people of colour.
    Ad hoc? Fucking hell, that's a shocker and no mistake.

Comment

And ursus encouraging him to do it, as well. You think you know people ...

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post
        According to The Torygraph, Phil’s got his new Land Rover delivered already! No waiting lists for yer HRH’s.
        Given JLR's woes, they probably had one sitting on a lot gathering dust.

Comment

And he's back behind the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
            So?

I know from personal experience if the DVLA decide to suspend his licence it takes about two weeks.

Comment

In the UK I think it used to be that you re-take your driving test at 70. Is that still the case and how regularly after that? Not that you’d want to be the examiner who failed Phil.

Of course he may turn out still to be a fantastic driver, and the Kia was speeding.

Comment

He was telling the policeman that he was dazzled by the sun.

It's not a new landrover, it's just one of his other landrovers, When they say around sandringham, do they mean inside the gate, on private roads, or do they mean out on public roads?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                  In the UK I think it used to be that you re-take your driving test at 70. Is that still the case and how regularly after that? Not that you’d want to be the examiner who failed Phil.
                  From age 70 you have to reapply for your license every three years but this only involves completing a form to self-certify that you are still fit to drive.

Comment

Oh that's fine then.

In New South Wales, once over 50 you have to renew your licence every five years, which process involves an eye test. That's something I suppose.

Comment

I can't imagine how you would implement any kind of alternative. You're essentially relying on people deciding for themselves when they want to give up driving. Normally nearly killing two women and a child , might encourage you to give up trundling your 2 tonne tank around the backroads of Norfolk,

Comment

Palace believes it has issued a full apology to the occupants of the other car. However they, being normal people who speak normal English didn't see it that way
                        “The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you.”
                        Prince Philip has not said sorry for car crash, injured woman claims
                        https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y_to_clipboard

Comment

Phil caught without a seatbelt again. Should be fined, at the very least. Was given a stiff talking to. Or not,

Comment

https://twitter.com/L3GSV/status/1087050255512883201?s=19

Comment

Phillip, of course, probably never took a proper test as he got his licence in the army, I expect.

Comment

When my late father-in-law was first diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, the consultant told him if he wanted to keep his licence he’d have to take a test (not a full driving test, but a drive around with an examiner who would judge his capability behind the wheel).

Unsurprisingly, as he was showing no outward signs of the illness, he took it and passed, which covered him for 2 years I think, then he had to take the same thing again - by which time he was showing signs of mental deterioration, but he still passed. About a year after that, when he’d really gone downhill, we quietly hid his keys and had a word with the consultant, who arranged for his licence to be withdrawn - but if we hadn’t done that, he could’ve kept on driving, legally, for another 12 months or so. It’s bloody frightening.

Comment

Of course, vicious trolls are attacking the victim on Twitter, saying she should just get over it, and is hungry for compensation, and making unkind remarks about the way she looks. Gotta love this country.

Comment

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1086368270310088704

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post

From age 70 you have to reapply for your license every three years but this only involves completing a form to self-certify that you are still fit to drive.
                                      Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                      Phillip, of course, probably never took a proper test as he got his licence in the army, I expect.
                                      Does he even have to carry a licence? His wife doesn't, apparently. She also literally can't be prosecuted in the UK (well, definitely not in England and Wales; I'm not 100% sure about Scotland or Northern Ireland). Phillip presumably could technically be prosecuted but of course he never would be, given it'd technically be Liz doing the prosecuting.

Comment

As he was on private property does he need to wear a seatbelt? Seeing as Brenda owns most of the country he's probably ok to drive anywhere.

Comment

When can we expect the Spiked article defending the old menace and blaming the victim for being middle-class....?

Comment

s
                                            Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                            Of course, vicious trolls are attacking the victim on Twitter, saying she should just get over it, and is hungry for compensation, and making unkind remarks about the way she looks. Gotta love this country.
                                            I strongly suspect that she isn't expecting compensation.

Comment

Working...
                                            X