No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visited Vermont quite a few times. Lovely state. Although I was never there in the wintertime, so depending on where you are now, the winter might be a bit long and harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

That's the most common complaint that YOU would hear.

HP doesn't live in that world.
      My main reference point was somewhat unusual - Mat Fraser, Crossfit Games Champion (x5) was recommended to leave VT and train down in Mississippi for that reason by his Accountant. I can't think of anyone else who has chosen to leave VT once established there.

Comment

To be honest winter's fine. It's mud season that can get you down a bit

Comment

Leaf peeping is an informal term in the United States and Canada for the activity in which people travel to view and photograph the fall foliage in areas where leaves change colors in autumn, particularly in northern New England and the upper Midwest, as well as the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. An organized excursion for leaf peeping is known as a foliage tour or color tour.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Jeep drivers are from NH. Vermonters drive Subarus
            I've been eyeing a Subaru. I have a Jeep, but it's 15 years old and I don't like the look of the current Jeeps.

VT had a deal where people like me who work at home could get $10k to move there. But they spent all that money and it hasn't been renewed. AG once said on twitter that he thought the Canadian Maritimes might try that too.

For me the issues would be that I don't really know anybody there and many of the towns might be kinda pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
              For me the issues would be that I don't really know anybody there and many of the towns might be kinda pricey.
              I would think as long as you stay away from the ski resorts and Burlington that you should be alright.

Comment

Trump’s latest racist redbaiting conspiracy

https://twitter.com/brexit_sham/status/1321175998319177730?s=21

Comment

Sure Vermonters will welcome you, Hp.

Comment

As I have mentioned to ad hoc before, Brattleboro is being gentrified, with parts now being inhabited largely by denizens of Brooklyn's Park Slope

Comment

There are places that have become unaffordable, and/or some that are awash with second homes for Bostoners and New Yorkers. But I think that remains small pockets, and most of Vermont is just fine.

Of course, there are literally no cities in Vermont that are as big as HP's current metropolis, so if he's searching for the bright lights then Burlington may be the only place.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                        Trump’s latest racist redbaiting conspiracy

https://twitter.com/brexit_sham/status/1321175998319177730?s=21
                        That assumes that we think a President Harris would be worse than a President Biden.

Comment

The racist misogynists he is targeting certainly do

Comment

I read somewhere that California hipsters are now flooding into Boise, Idaho.

It's the new Austin.

I couldn't live there because I'd refuse to pronounce it Boy-zee and nobody would know what I was talking about.

Comment

They definitely are. I think actually a lot of them are people who displaced from California to Colorado because Colorado was cheaper, emptier, and still quite cool and outdoorsy who are now fed up with how crowded and expensive Colorado has become and realise that Boise is a very nice place and has a lot of the stuff that Denver had 15 years ago.

Comment

Like Bill Bryson's quip about Kay-ro, Illinois in The Lost Continent.

Comment

Wtf

https://twitter.com/jesserodriguez/status/1321207686902460417?s=21

Comment

As I said previously Law enforcement, politicians and the legal system have tolerated these nutters for too long. You would have thought the plan to kidnap and (possibly kill) the sitting Governor would be a wake up call.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                      My two brief visits to Vermont suggest that the following are possible downsides:

- The weather
                                      - You have a visceral reaction against picture postcard New England towns that could have been the setting for Betelgeuse
                                      - You really hate leaf-peepers
                                      - You have a massive craving for the fleshpots of big cities
                                      - Um.
                                      - That's it.
                                      Hell, if you miss the flesh pot of a big city, then you can’t really get fleshier than Montr?al and that’s only 45 mins to an hour away.

Vermont’s kind of a black hole for sports. I guess that’s a downside. Other than the Taylor Coppenrath years, UVM’s never really done anything and Burlington is probably going to lose its minor league team (who play at UVM’s historic ballpark, and were brought to town by Bernie) due to this awful MLB contraction plan. And except for the Canadiens and Impact, it’s a pretty long drive to major league sports elsewhere.

Comment

UVermont has hockey teams.

Comment

As does Norwich University. And Dartmouth is just across the river to the East, while Union and RPI are just across the border to the West.

Comment

i saw this before a show on Hulu, I thought this was creative and well-done.

Comment

Oh, that's very good.

Comment

Meanwhile, hundreds of old bigots and morons were left freezing their asses off during a post-rally fiasco in Nebraska.

Boohoo hoo hooo hooo hooo hooo......poor fuckers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rs-stuck-cold/

Anyway,....

Comment

The big screen video from lansing is interesting.
                                                  firstly because it doesn’t mention the fact that Trump is president. Secondly it shows how a left candidate could use some of the way Trump frames himself as an outsider even if we might have other solutions-fewer fighter jets -

https://twitter.com/andrewsolender/status/1321158320695267328?s=21

Comment

good lord

Comment

Working...
                                                    X