No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've really dialed back on Costco lately. No new snow tires this year, and I don't care much about big TVs. It's pretty much been boneless chicken and bags of milk. Not much of a story in that. The lack of sampling is disappointing. Oh, and they've also cut way, way back on the big long book table and they don't offer Blu-ray box sets like they used to.

Comment

Costco and Trader Joe are different places which service different needs.

Comment

And early voting in Massachusetts ends on Friday (Oct 30).

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          Costco and Trader Joe are different places which service different needs.
          It was more so you could see some more lines.

Comment

Yes, the Costco lines have been pretty bad at opening. Ideal time to go is dinner time, but of course toilet paper will be long gone by then.

Comment

Nasty racism here from Kushner:

https://twitter.com/DNCWarRoom/status/1320721622429552644

Comment

"....complaining about...."

Comment

I haven't stepped foot inside Costco since the first week of March. That was before I realized people were panic buying and stocking up on things, so we were stunned by the giant wait to get in.

I have gone to get gas at Costco more than I normally ever would, because the wait is usually extremely long. I think people are still driving less, so the lines haven't really been that bad (I haven't been anything worse than the third car waiting to get to one of the pumps).

Comment

I have a Facebook ad for a New Zealand green card lottery.

Comment

I think I've bought gas at Costco twice ever. The line is always so absurdly long that I can't imagine joining it. It probably moves fairly quickly, so it's probably just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                        I haven't stepped foot inside ...
                        This phrase always troubles me. I've always said "set foot inside" or "stepped inside". But "stepped foot inside" makes my face hurt. Many people say it, though, so I hope you know I'm not just attacking you. I am attacking you, but not just you.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1320801127995158529

Comment

Was this the county with Sheriff Arapaio?

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1320839567516160001

Comment

Yes

Comment

Any reference to "Maricopa" just makes me think of "itch. You tell him, I think he's a damn fool, Ed. You tell him I said so - H.I. McDonnough. If he wants to discuss it, he knows where to find me: in the Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men State Farm, Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona! I'LL BE WAITIN'! I'll be waitin'!!!!"

And that music...

Comment

What's O in that Maricopa tweet?

Comment

'Other'

Comment

https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1320877150770241541?s=20

Comment

this is for you Incandenza
                                        https://twitter.com/howardrodman/status/1320817333850402816?s=20

Comment

Nice.

Ryu has started intentionally mispronouncing Raman's last name when he mentions her.

Comment

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1320077051479678977

Comment

Fucking hell.

The Bush v Gore ruling explicitly said that it should not be used as a precedent.

Even Scalia would be fucking annoyed at them now.

So you have a president who is intentionally fucking up the postal system so that postal ballots won't arrive on time, and a Supreme Court enabling it. And they accuse Sanders of wanting to turn the country into Venezuela...
                                              Last edited by anton pulisov; 27-10-2020, 08:30.

Comment

I infer from that text that Kavanaugh would have denied that federal courts had any right to overturn any Jim Crow voting restrictions - white primaries, poll tax, literacy tests, etc - provided that the state courts had endorsed them. The state interprets the Fifteenth Amendment however it sees fit.

Packing the court is already obviously the only way to protect voting rights, even pre-Barrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  I infer from that text that Kavanaugh would have denied that federal courts had any right to overturn any Jim Crow voting restrictions - white primaries, poll tax, literacy tests, etc - provided that the state courts had endorsed them. The state interprets the Fifteenth Amendment however it sees fit.

Packing the court is already obviously the only way to protect voting rights, even pre-Barrett.
                                                  Good point, but promising the pack the Supreme Court would play into the hands of the Republicans who will claim it is undemocratic and an attempt by the legislature to undermine the judicial branch of the government?

Comment

The Republicans wouldn't hesitate to do it in an instant, so I don't see why the Democrats shouldn't. Also the GOP have blatantly abused the last two appointments, so *shrugs*. (Which is different from wondering whether the Democrats will do what they should.)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X