Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post

He's also a dead ringer for a young Bill Burr, which I can't stop chuckling at.
    Holy crap, does he ever.

Comment

Kim Kardashian tweeted/put on Instagram stories some thoughts about Kanye's behavior and his bipolar disorder. It sounds like they want him to get help and they're having a hard time seeing him act like he has been.

Comment

Depressing overview of Twitter trying to stop the spread of QAnon rumors and how little that will accomplish, from Will Sommer:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-...own?ref=author

These people aren't going away and that makes me really worried.

Comment

Grifters gotta grift

Comment

No GOP convention in Jacksonville after all.

I'm not sure which set of numbers are worse: their internal polling or their pandemic models.

Comment

I'm actually a little surprised that they came to their senses. I hope they all apologise to Roy Cooper.

There's an obvious irony that lots of events tried moving to Florida because Florida had lax rules, and then they're shocked that Florida has become a coronavirus basketcase.

Comment

Was there perhaps a gamble that that the escalation in cases we've seen in Florida in July would not take place until September or after? Maybe they believed hot weather really does kill the virus? Or is it more that Trump doesn't want a repeat of his failed rallies, with the cameras picking it out gaps in the halls?

Trump is going to start to get disillusioned if he can't campaign around the country in the manner he did in 2016, whereas Biden seems happy with the scaled down approach.

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-07-2020, 01:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  Trump is going to start to get disillusioned if he can't campaign around the country in the manner he did in 2016,
                  No, he doesn't do disillusioned. Instead he'll get more and more pissed off and create as much division, conflict and anger as he can for as long as Americans let him.

Comment

AOC is called a "fucking bitch" by a GOP congressman and is now accused of being unfair for not accepting his apology

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...video-ted-yoho

Comment

AOC's speech was fantastic.

And off course Kevin McCarthy's going to get in a huff that Yoho's "apology" wasn't accepted. His line that if a half-arsed non-apology is given then absolutely anything should be forgiven and forgotten is laughable, of course, but also inevitable, this being Kevin McCarthy.

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1287938340306726912"]https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/st...38340306726912[/URL]

Comment

Whatever about marijuana, how on earth did a Democratic platform vote essentially reject an extension of Obamacare?

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                            Whatever about marijuana, how on earth did a Democratic platform vote essentially reject an extension of Obamacare?
                            Probably because it's an appalling healthcare plan that only looks good in comparison to the death cult Republican policy of 'let them die'.

Comment

Good to see the DNC is maintaining it's tradition of being completely out of step with the beliefs of democrats in general. I'm sure they know what's best for the rest of us.

Comment

He's literally clutching at straws now:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1288818160389558273

Comment

I was just coming to see if we'd seen that.

Comment

I'm sure constitutional expert Kayleigh McEnany will tell him he can't do that.

Comment

I read somewhere in that thread that polls show Republican voters with 24% support for medicare for all, and 55% for legalising marijuana.

Which would put the DNC to the right of Republican voters.

Comment

They almost certainly are, at least on these issues.

Then again, "Republican voters" don't see their primary imperative to be raising hundreds of millions of dollars every cycle, a certain portion of which comes from those whose oxes would be gored by the adoption of either policy.

FWIW, I think the BBC report on Trump's idea of postponing the election was rather over-egged. It is just the ten zillionth example of him saying aloud whatever comes through his diseased brain.

Comment

I think if you're in a parliamentary system you possibly do not understand the vagaries of the US constitution, and how this isn't Trump's call to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                            I think if you're Trump you possibly do not understand the vagaries of the US constitution, and how this isn't Trump's call to make.
                                            Fixed it for you

Comment

Bernie supporters were just paranoid that the Democratic establishment was out to get him

[URL]https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1288864466583588864[/URL]

Comment

I get that the rules don't say that Trump can change the date of the election. But I can't help thinking "so what?". Much good "the rules" are doing you over there.

(It does matter what the rules are, of course. And a BBC news piece writer should make it clear they understand that Trump is suggesting something outwith his legal powers.)

Comment

Republicans in House and Senate say no way is it going to happen:

The president’s tweet stems from his long-running allegations, without evidence, that mail-in voting is unreliable and riddled with fraud.

Comment

Cain's death should be the bigger story. A token black in Trump's circle is killed by attending a vanity white supremacist rally. Cain was only 74 so nobody can say he would have died soon anyway.
                                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 30-07-2020, 17:05.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X