No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, for a nation that likes to boast about its "democracy", the system is absolutely packed with anti-democratic nonsense

Comment

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1261007561899171840

Comment

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/1261019036411760640?s=21

Comment

I'm very uncomfortable about the Tara Reade takedown/smearing article that's been leading Politico all day. It may be legitimate journalism and plain fact. But we've seen so many smearings like this in the past of women who were broadly faultless and were already the victims of sexual assault that I feel properly queasy even just knowing that it's out there.

I definitely want Biden to win the election, but I really would rather it didn't happen this way. Using what look like Clintonesque tactics to abuse the accusers.

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1263234146337525762"]https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...34146337525762[/URL]

Comment

A good picture of his "base"

https://twitter.com/johngramlich/status/1263198304667656192

Comment

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1263551045977780224

One allegedly sexual assaults his staff, the other allegedly assaults her staff. A fine pair.

Comment

No comments yet on "you ain't black"?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    Someone on Twitter said he's so close to calling a black person "you people".

Comment

What's the point?

Biden says something stupid*. Everyone's angry at him. Trump says something stupid*. Everyone's angry at him but plenty of those will still vote for him. Trump wins reelection. Everyone loses.

Jumping Fonz has cleared the shark by a long margin now on these elections, but gravity hasn't got a hold of our subject just yet. Why would I comment on anything involving this beyond stupid situation and its ditto actors? My finite time of life would be wasted waiting for the landing.

*I appreciate that "something stupid" may not be strong enough condemnment for some on here, which is fair enough. For the sake of my argument, only the implied symmetry matters.

Comment

There is a saying amongst black people, the best way to oust a racist is to get them angry or give them a bit of drink, I believe you just have to keep them talking long enough, eventually, their mask will slip and they will tell you what they really think.

Biden's arrogance and bigotry seeps out of every pore of his being.
                        At least with Trump, you sometimes get the impression his cuddling up with the Alt-right has a wiff of political opportunism, but with Biden, he really means that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

There is a saying amongst black people, the best way to oust a racist is to get them angry or give them a bit of drink, I believe you just have to keep them talking long enough, eventually, their mask will slip and they will tell you what they really think.

Biden's arrogance and bigotry seeps out of every pore of his being.
                          At least with Trump, you sometimes get the impression his cuddling up with the Alt-right has a wiff of political opportunism, but with Biden, he really means that shit.
                          And just because the Democrats have stuck their fingers in their ears and are loudly saying 'lalala' doesn't mean the Republicans won't make hay from his record. The 'he may not remember' line being an early indicator that they are going to shitpost relentlessly about his dementia in the autumn.

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1263945266723356672

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post

And just because the Democrats have stuck their fingers in their ears and are loudly saying 'lalala' doesn't mean the Republicans won't make hay from his record. The 'he may not remember' line being an early indicator that they are going to shitpost relentlessly about his dementia in the autumn.

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1263945266723356672
                            By appointing Biden the Democrats said, fuck the Nakers and now the chickens are coming home to roost and the republicans are openly mocking them. The video made me laugh with the text "WOKE" bit. further evidence to support my theory Dave Chappelle is in charge of Trumps political strategy.

Comment

And to think they were painting Sanders as an angry old white guy

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                And to think they were painting Sanders as an angry old white guy
                                He is though, why people would want to vote for someone who sounds like your miserable old condescending grandparent beats me.
                                Biden was unapologetic in the interview, he came across like a plantation owner trying to prove how benevolent he was compared to the Trump house.

Comment

A bonkers poll is out today in Utah, showing Trump leading Biden by just 3 points among likely voters*. I expect this is just an outlier, or there's a third party option that people will move away from when push comes to shove. And Utah is particularly Trump-phobic for a Republican state. Still, if it's a 3% lead in Utah, the Republicans should be getting very edgy. Particularly as whatever is driving Mormons away from Trump in Utah is also going to be applying to the fairly large Mormon population in much swingier and more important Arizona.

* This is particularly surprising, because usually polling this early is among all voters, and usually the polling shifts more Republican once they screen for likely voters - which is why polling in somewhere like Texas always looks close-ish 6 months out and then trends to the obvious and inevitable Republican win.

Comment

Iowa Republicans shockingly make a right decision for a change. Steve King lost the primary.

Comment

I suspect Biden's "If you support Trump you ain't really black" comment may seem less crass now than it did last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
                                        I suspect Biden's "If you support Trump you ain't really black" comment may seem less crass now than it did last week.
                                        Dunno, Minnesota is mainly democrats and their handling of the case from the feet dragging to the attempted cover up is not exactly convincing of a potential democratic government.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
                                          Really?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Really?
                                            I was being slightly facetious. But it seems almost prophetic now.

Comment

I suppose we should be glad but what a lucky gift for the GOP yesterday with better economic news than they had feared. But were the prospects being deliberately made to look worse than they would be? What other nuances are there beyond the headlines?

Comment

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1269091899140378624

Comment

Assuming that's true, it was also true for the April jobs figures so the reversal is probably a real reversal even if the totals for both months would be higher, right?

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                    X