X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughing at this goober walking into a buzzsaw

[URL]https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1135272316072595462[/URL]

Comment

What is it with John Delaneys and being horses's asses?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        That's the ministry that is responsible for our nuclear weapons, folks.

Sleep well, all.
        Nukes for the rapture

Comment

Well, there's the notably corrupt former president of the Football Association of Ireland, and then there's the guy who founded Intrade and employed a number of the Irish posters before dying on Everest.

And those are just the guys who have been discussed on here in the last two months.

Comment

He's got his own thread.

Comment

The DNC remains an awful organization

[URL]https://twitter.com/jamalraad/status/1136383283846008832[/URL]

Comment

Oh fer fuck sake. These triangulating bastards will send us straight to hell rather than piss off their donors.

Comment

Those donors aren't doing so bad under Trump.

Comment

This is an interesting piece that raises at least as many questions as it answers. Some of the negative tweets reacting to it are rather troubling.

[URL="https://twitter.com/kerryhowley/status/1138440181286146050?s=21"]https://twitter.com/kerryhowley/status/1138440181286146050[/URL]

Comment

I'll have to read that. I find Gabbard's stances as a whole puzzling when you look at all of them together. I don't know how much support she actually has, though.

Comment

The author is equally puzzled and doesn't offer a conclusive answer. It is nevertheless a worthwhile article. She did indeed have a very strange childhood and is running a very strange campaign.

Comment

Just popping in for a minute to get this off my chest: so sick of Bernie and his Bros. He talks about a lot of appealing ideas that don't stand a snowflake's chance in hell of getting passed, and there's some overlap between him and Warren there, but the difference is that Warren has a better grasp on reality. I think more and more that Bernie is just another old white man teetering on the edge of senility. And now his cult are bent out of shape again because a woman is beating him in the polls. How 'bout a big bowl of shut the fuck up?

Comment

I think to attack him as "teetering onthe edge of senility" is not much better than those who use sexist insults against any of the women in the race.

Comment

As I understand it Sanders is beating Warren in some polls and Warren is beating Sanders in others. Currently leading is Biden, another old white man who has been talking about his warm relationship with segregationists,

Seems a shame to focus on attacking Sanders and his supporters, who seems from the UK to have introduced progressive policies, encouraged and inspired the likes of AOC, when whichever candidate wins they will need to build a mighty coalition to beat trump ,

Comment

There has to be a nicer way to say that he's nearly 80 years old and should fuck off and rest his weary head. Him and Joe Biden.

Comment

Just seen your post on the other thread FF. can I understand why you might have posted something like this even if I don’t agree. Condolences

Comment

Here’s why I think Senator Sanders’ candidacy is important.

lets hope he can change the debate on foreign policy as he has on domestic issues.

[URL]https://twitter.com/ventuckyspaz/status/1142649914364575744?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                      And now his cult are bent out of shape again because a woman is beating him in the polls.
                                      I haven't seen any evidence of this...

The "Bernie Bros" were invented by the Clintons to smear Sanders.

Warren is doing well because she is promoting progressive policy. Good for her.

Comment

Mainly policy Sanders has been talking about for years, and she is mealy mouthed as all fuck on Medicare for All, but c’est la vie.

Comment

I do worry though, that the progressive vote will be split between Warren and Sanders, which would default to Trump vs Biden, and progressive democrats staying home in 2020.

I wish Joe Biden would eff off.

Comment

Here are some people who self-identify as Bernie Bros

There is a definite argument that their influence has been overestimated, but it is impossible to deny that they exist. And I'm not a female journalist on Twitter who has expressed doubts about Sanders,

Comment

I'm sure there are nutters on the outer fringes of any candidate's supporters. But they can't be seen as representative, surely. There are plenty of women supporting Bernie Sanders. Especially in the <35 group.

As far as I am concerned, when it comes to evaluating candidates in US politics, just look at the donors. Clinton was on the take in 2016, Bernie wasn't. He pointed that out, and they fought back by calling him sexist. It was distraction.

When Clinton adopted some of the progressive platform of Bernie in 2016, it was difficult to take her seriously. Because how can you take all that insurance money and promise to reform health care. Warren, like Bernie, has rejected corporate donations, which would indicate that she is genuine.

Joe Biden may as well have COMCAST tattooed on his forehead.

Comment

So, you have seen evidence of their existence. Thank you,

I also preferred Sanders over HRC in the 2016 primaries and both voted and donated accordingly.

None of which is relevant to the current race,

Comment

Well, a few nutters on the interwebs is evidence of "his cult"?

Comment

None of which is relevant to the current race
                                                    It (2016) kind of is, because Warren not having run in 2016 is certainly a plus point. She doesn't have a load of Clinton-smear talking points that keep following her around like a bad smell.

Smart of her not to have declared for any Dem candidate during the 2016 primaries.
                                                    Last edited by anton pulisov; 23-06-2019, 17:05.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X