Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I challenge someone to tell me what any of this actually means

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1106185918107521024

Besides the completely empty rhetoric, his speaking style is...off. He's trying to seem passionate, but it's like he's thinking "big gestures! Arm sweeps! Motion hands!"

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      His name will give me a Michael Jackson 'Beat It' earworm every time I hear it (but I doubt he'll choose it as his campaign theme).
      Is it pronounced Beat-oh? I'm not sure if I've ever heard it said and assumed it was Bet-oh

Comment

Though as he's American I guess the options are really Bead-oh or Bed-oh

Comment

Should be Bet-oh, but most say it as Bay-doh or Bed-oh

Comment

No time for Bet-oh in the Ghetto.

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-03-2019, 16:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
              I challenge someone to tell me what any of this actually means

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1106185918107521024

Besides the completely empty rhetoric, his speaking style is...off. He's trying to seem passionate, but it's like he's thinking "big gestures! Arm sweeps! Motion hands!"
              He's ripping off Obama 2008, but doing it on speed.

Comment

It's David Milliband with less substance.

Comment

That's quite the image. Hopefully extramarital affairs/financial shenanigans/metoo stuff sends him packing soon enough. He reeks of Mondale flop sweat should he get through nomination. Please god there's a skeleton.

Comment

It sounds as if he's applying for the Dem's Justin Trudeau option.

Comment

<shudders>

Comment

Empty centrist New Paradigm rhetoric by messianic pretty boys is so last five years. Hopefully that trend dies with Macron's Napoleon III redux.

Comment

I find it hard not to think of the other Texan Bevo when his name crops up.

Comment

Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

Last edited by ursus arctos; 14-03-2019, 20:44.

Comment

+1 for the slightly more bovine mammal.

Beto can't win. Trump will wipe his arse with Beto.

Comment

I assumed it was a diminutive form of Roberto.

Anyhoo, I've decided that I will cast my vote for whichever Dem candidate is most popular amongst African Americans. It's high time they took over because they have suffered long enough at the hands of The White Man.

Comment

I have somehow ended up on a Kamala Harris mailing list. A few months ago it was mostly "we must resist Kavanaugh' or whatever. Now, literally every day, it's an email begging for money. With no explanation of the political end. It already assumes I've totally bought into the cult of personality, that Kamala Winning is all I should care about. It's positively Clinton-like, which is very disappointing. The last few days have managed to get worse, because they're telling me to donate because "we've fallen behind our projections before the first FEC filing deadline", as if that's a compelling reason to donate.

Comment

Comment

I know. But who is even going to be persuaded that "We're going to miss our projections before the first FEC filing deadline" is a compelling reason to donate money? It just seems like one of the worst sales pitches ever.

Comment

I'm afraid that it has become common currency among the fundraisingariat. I would guess that there are people on which it works.

Comment

Surprise--the FB Resistance Mom I mentioned earlier (I said how she posted a meme pledging not to attack any Democrat, then two days later told Bernie to sit his ass down) is ALL IN for Beto. When one of her friends asked if she was concerned with his lack of policy specifics, and the moderation of those that were known, Resistance Mom said "Not at all. We need a moderate to appeal to everyone so we can beat Trump."

Comment

Beto was ruined for me when Stavros Halkias called him Beto O’Rourke, Beat Off My Pork on Chapo.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ComedyCentral/st...22609534992384

linking the tweet won't show the full image, but caption is Beto O’Rourke, photographed by Annie-morph Leibovitz.

Comment

https://twitter.com/THatfieldMO/status/1106583336988737536

Comment

Fucking centrist twats. Half of them genuinely think you need to appeal to republicans despite the current President moving the goalposts more than an NFL franchise owner, half of them aren't sure that a left-wing Democrat in the White House wouldn't be in some ways differently awful.

Comment

It's worth noting for people who're unaware, the Democratic Party has never been a left wing party. It has, pretty much since the second world war, basically been the party of bland, functional technocracy. This makes it the opposite of the Republican Party, and that is why left wingers associate with it. But to expect the Democratic Party to be left wing or produce left wing candidates is unwise. It might happen, but experience suggests that it's very unlikely. But whoever it produces - even a vacuous centrist like Beto - is going to be way less bad than whoever their opponent turns out to be.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X