No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's time for the US to try something new, too. It's been a long time since we put an unqualified businessman who's never done anything in public life in the Whitehouse. Perhaps that's what will make the country great again.

Comment

Who likes Cory Booker? Who are his supporters beyond big pharma and other donors? Kamala at least has an actual base of people who like her, I have never seen a Cory Booker stan on Twitter.

Comment

Booker was pushed as a new Obama as he ran through Newark politics. Apparently his recognition did not travel far outside of the Tri-State area (which also explains his ties to Pharma)

Comment

I just get the feeling that Booker thinks that because he got a lot of good press from charter school fans in the media and that he is part of the New York media sphere that his national presence is much larger than it actually is.

Comment

Correct

Comment

I knew she went full Russophobe, but I didn't know that Rachel Maddow went full insane:

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1090904018447224832

Comment

Also
                it's currently summer in Antarctica

Comment

[No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President;
                  That's really badly written. What is it supposed to mean?

Comment

It means if you weren't born in the 1700's you need to be born an American citizen to be President. The grandfathering in clause hasn't been very active of late.

Comment

"Russophobe" isn't a real thing.

Comment

Much of the Constitution is poorly written and difficult to understand.

Part of that is simply that 18th century political and legal writing is not something that reads well to contemporary eyes. But it is also true that much if the text was purposely opaque as and when written, so as to allow for assent by people that disagreed about fundamental political issues.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/lukewsavage/status/1091742731666370560?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                            But there's no substance? It's pure DC-media fluff about a "cuddly" centrist who the idiot-media decide is "reasonable" because he's somewhere on the spectrum between the right of the Democratic Party and Donald Trump.
                            The media must have something to talk about. The Guardian is trying to kick off another round of Labour splitting speculation because Opinium made a bad poll and a couple of MPs ALLEGEDLY are thinking of quitting.

Even journalists must eat.

Comment

I don't need to do a bio of Brooker, he's just too easy a target.

More interesting is Marianne Williamson who has thrown her hat into the ring and has advocated reparations. I don't know too much about her but saw this pretty good writeup.
                              https://marianne.com/race-and-repentance-in-america/

She won't win of course, but more importantly is the reaction of her rivals and others now a proper black agenda has been put on the table.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Forrest4Trees/status/1093266261541339137

Comment

If Beto wins the nomination youse are fucked fucked fucked. That he was once mates with those obnoxious junkie Mars Volta cunts just seals it.

Comment

Is there anyone you don't think we'd be fucked by, Spoony?

Comment

Haha, not yet San B. It's thin fuckin gruel for 2020 on the Dem side. If Bernie wasn't old as fuck, but he is.

Comment

I'm still assuming suppression and a useless Dem campaign will see Trump in office past 2020. The same sinking feeling I had with the Brexit ref.

Comment

Whatever youse do stay away from Harris, she's appalling.

Comment

Marianne Williamson has talked the most sense so far, granted, it's a low bar and i expect Trump to win easily.

Comment

Just don't put any money on your insights, lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                Whatever youse do stay away from Harris, she's appalling.
                                                Indeed, there is a lot of debate in the black community as all the "professional black people" propped up in the dominant society media (we all know who they are) came out heavy for her telling the whole country that she is the black candidate and the Obama 2.0.
                                                Unfortunately for them, this is 2019 and not 2007 and the black media went into overdrive publicising her history in California and putting up youtube videos of her verhemently defending laws, that she is now suddenly against.
                                                Beginning in 2016, there was a movement for black people not to vote if the candidate does not address their concerns directly like they do with other minorities such as LBGT, Hispanic and Jewish people.

We are tired of seeing candidates be really specific when addressing other communities, but when they come around black people it turns into fucking Soul train with all the signing and dancing nonsense.
                                                A prime example is Corey Brooker, he goes on a black radio station and when asked if he had a specific agenda for black people........
                                                https://youtu.be/gynbVQ25bB0 fast forward to 5 minutes if you are pushed for time.

Comment

Having watched him try to ask questions in some senate committees, I've got to say that I can't even bring myself to click that link. The man is a gobshite, a condition that transcends all races and cultures. He should stop wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                                    I don't need to do a bio of Brooker, he's just too easy a target.

More interesting is Marianne Williamson who has thrown her hat into the ring and has advocated reparations. I don't know too much about her but saw this pretty good writeup.
                                                    https://marianne.com/race-and-repentance-in-america/

She won't win of course, but more importantly is the reaction of her rivals and others now a proper black agenda has been put on the table.
                                                    Blimey, it's that Marianne Williamson. She's the doyenne of the spiritual self help woo world. Made her name teaching and writing about "a Course in Miracles", which is presented as a book written by Jesus through a woman in New York. I mean she's almost entirely the anti Trump, and is all about love (as opposed to fear), so she'd make a fascinating president, but given that it's hard to imagine an atheist candidate become president, imagining someone who for the majority of Christians is probably worse than an atheist, a full on heretic, it seems a long shot. But, it's all about the conversation, I suspect, and if she gets reparations on the agenda then she's done a good thing.

FWIW the reason I want Bernie Sanders to stand again is that he is the only possible candidate in the Democratic party who will likely put the issue of Palestinian human rights and social justice on the agenda. None of those other occupationist fuckers will.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X