No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh fucking hell. Bloomberg looks reasonable compared to this fuckwit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      You'll never guess what Hillary Clinton has just said.
      She's a lizard?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        You'll never guess what Hillary Clinton has just said.
        [URL]https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1194386785083838466[/URL]

That phrasing really is very Trumpian.

Comment

Last week she was telling everyone that Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian agent.

Clinton is seriously unhinged.

Comment

You'd think after fucking up as hard as she did, you'd want to go live in a hole and not want to be the focus of attention ever again. She must really think that the election was stolen from her, combined with the egoism that all politicians have, nevermind the levels that the Clintons have. She probably also has Huma and other sycophants telling her that now it's really her time and the country needs her to save it.

Comment

It is a particular strain of Third Wave Derangement Syndrome and the perceived need to continue to take in millions of dollars a year.

See also Blair, Tony.

Comment

dass stimmt

die einzige freude in meinem leben ist doch schadenfreude

Comment

Because no one can represent private equity interests as well as an actual private equity guy, Deval Patrick is going to file for the New Hampshire Democratic primary.

Comment

Buttigieg shows how tough he is. Cheering racially motivated mass murder https://mondoweiss.net/2019/11/butti...-they-respond/

Comment

Matt Bevin has now conceded the Kentucky governorship race after the recanvass came in with basically the same numbers.

Comment

So now the loser has accepted defeat, we're allowed to say the winner won?

Comment

One always could say that.

What was in doubt was the state"s willingness to effect the result.

Comment

Yes. The winner always won. There was still a low-percentage chance that he wouldn't get the prize. But that low percentage was predicated on action by the loser. If the loser concedes then we know the loser is not going to act to try to wrest the trophy from the winner

Comment

I really don't trust Buttigieg at all:

uttigieg traveled to South Carolina to spread awareness of the plan. The supporters were rolled out in a press release and open letter published in the HBCU Times — which focuses on “positive news related to Historically Black Colleges and Universities.” Listed at the top of the press release were three prominent supporters, Columbia City Councilwoman Tameika Devine; Rehoboth Baptist pastor and state Rep. Ivory Thigpen; and Johnnie Cordero, chair of the state party’s Black Caucus.

“There is one presidential candidate who has proven to have intentional policies designed to make a difference in the Black experience, and that’s Pete Buttigieg,” read the open letter released along with the plan. “We are over 400 South Carolinians, including business owners, pastors, community leaders, and students. Together, we endorse his Douglass Plan for Black America, the most comprehensive roadmap for tackling systemic racism offered by a 2020 presidential candidate.”

The blowback came immediately. Devine, who has not endorsed a candidate yet in the presidential election, told The Intercept that she did not intend her support for the plan to be read as an endorsement for Buttigieg’s candidacy, and believes the campaign was “intentionally vague” about the way it was presented.
                              Thigpen, meanwhile, has endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders for president, and was startled when he learned the campaign had not only attached his name to the plan, but also listed him as one of three prominent supporters atop the letter.

“How it was rolled out was not an accurate representation of where I stand,” Thigpen told The Intercept. “I didn’t know about its rolling out.
                              Johnnie Cordero is no longer listed publicly as a supporter. When The Intercept reached him for comment, he explained that he had never endorsed the plan, nor has he endorsed Buttigieg. “I never endorsed that plan. I don’t know how my name got on there. No, that’s not true: I know how my name got on there,” Cordero began, before explaining that Buttigieg had emailed him the plan and asked for feedback, which began a conversation with Buttigieg’s staff.

“I had some difficulties with it,” Cordero said. “It’s entirely presumptuous,”
                              Aside from not supporting Buttigieg, many of the South Carolinian signees share another quality, as well: They’re not black.

The campaign hasn’t publicly claimed that every supporter of the plan listed is African American, though it wouldn’t be hard to draw that implication: It was published in the HBCU Times, and the bylines and top-listed supporters are all black. To be sure, a multiracial coalition would be needed to push the Douglass Plan through Congress, but the campaign didn’t say that, either.

After publication, the Buttigieg campaign said it had sent the plan to the list of supporters and asked them to opt out if they did not want their name included on the list.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1195376748881416192[/URL]

Comment

Well, to be fair, the one black person most of these people know is half-Kenyan. So you can understand the generalisation.

Comment

Please god let this be the end of the fatuous wee fanny.

Comment

Doubt he was talking too much to the black folk whose gaffs he bulldozed anyway.

Comment

Fuckin farmers, man.

Comment

I'm pleased by that polling. If the primary comes down to a two horse race between Warren representing the progressive wing and Buttigieg representing the centrist one, then we're probably going to be OK.

Comment

Depends what you mean by “OK”, I suppose

[URL]https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1195884549064007680?s=21[/URL]

Comment

By "OK" I mean candidates who have a decent chance of winning and are less likely to sabotage themselves.

And who, if they do win, will do a decent job. Perhaps it would be Obama redux rather than anything more progressive, but I'd be more than happy with that.

Comment

Today's Dems don't have the loyalty of the south - bought with a century of racist policies - as a safety cushion.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                  By "OK" I mean candidates who have a decent chance of winning and are less likely to sabotage themselves.

And who, if they do win, will do a decent job. Perhaps it would be Obama redux rather than anything more progressive, but I'd be more than happy with that.
                                                  The major worry I'd have over Sanders would be his age and health - in terms of polling, he generally has a healthy lead over Trump in all the swing states.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

The major worry I'd have over Sanders would be his age and health - in terms of polling, he generally has a healthy lead over Trump in all the swing states.
                                                    As I've said before, early match-up polling is useless dogshit. But literally every democrat has a healthy lead over Trump in current match-up polling: the extent of their lead is generally linked to public awareness of the candidates, while Trump's number's flatline.

I think some candidates have the capacity to fuck that up: Biden, through moronic gaffes; Castro, through lack of charisma; Sanders, through unwillingness to play the game; Bloomberg, through being a widely despised arsehole; etc.

I think others have the capacity to govern poorly if they do win: Biden, Bloomberg again, but also Klobuchar, Steyer, Yang, Gabbard, etc

If we're going to end up in a struggle between centrist and progressive wings of the Democratic party, we could do far, far worse than a Mayor Pete vs Warren primary.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X