• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ojeda has dropped out of the “race”

Comment

Hopefully never to be spoken of again.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
        At the risk (nay, the certainty) of falling into what Malcolm Gladwell (possibly not originally) described as "Warren Harding syndrome", I have to say that Kamala Harris really looks the part.
        At the moment, I'd settle for Warren Harding in the White House, rather than the bloviating manatee we currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Or Teddy.
          He could end up killing a young woman through his drunk-driving?

Comment

I am starting to wonder who might be the Republican candidate in 2024 based on the discussion of Trump's impact on the Republican party. If he has converted the party to a cult of personality, who is there who can follow that? Kanye's appeal is clearly a completely different group of people.

Comment

Tucker Carlson is trying very hard.

But six years in a very long time in our current politics.

Comment

Oh, for sure. It may be that each President creates a similar vacuum (Obama certainly created one on the Democratic side). Just that the effort to become a demagogue makes an unusual gap.

Comment

Nixon left a somewhat comparable hole in the party, only for Reagan to quickly become "bigger" than Milhouse ever was.

One also needs to consider the demographics of the "base". g A disproportionate number of them will be dead by 2024 and I would expect that quite a few others will return to being apathetic about politics. What won't go away is the massive amounts of money that will always be thrown at combating anything perceived as a progressive threat. If the GOP loses all both houses and the Presidency, that emoney will be looking for a new formula and there are lots of Republicans eager to sell them snake oil. Nikki Haley stands out to me at the moment, but she is by no means alone.

Comment

Tom Cotton baby!

Comment

Sasse and Haley seem the two most likely. True believers in the broader Republican agenda. Distanced from the worst of Trumpism. Without any direct anger with TrumpWorld like Flake or Kasich.

Comment

Yes, though I went for Haley in part because South Carolina has traditionally been much more important to US politics (and especially Republican presidential politics) than Nebraska.

Comment

Looks as though
                          Sanders is Running- Clinton ‘a already attacking him.

Meanwhile this is very interesting- why the Democrats need to move to the left to reclaim the Centre

[URL]https://twitter.com/ed_miliband/status/1089197138356158464?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Has anyone mentioned this yet?

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1089132395444535297

Comment

It would also I think make it more likely that the Dems could again get more votes than Trump but lose on the electoral college system.

Comment

I wonder what demographic would vote for him. He isn't without controversy (see "Sonicsgate").

Comment

My son - 15 - asked me today if I thought that Trump would win again. I thought a bit and said that his possibilities were somewhere between 45% and 70%. Hopefully I'm being far too pessimistic.

Comment

FWIW, I think you are.

I find it hard to believe that Schultz will get any traction at all. At least Bloomberg has governed.

Comment

He will succeed in being a distraction, which likely will only help trump.

Comment

I don’t see him being even that, but then I hate Starbucks with an irrational passion.

Were he to be a factor, he could just as easily hive off the “respectable” Republicans who got us here in the first place ( and tend to be huge fans of pumpkin spice).

Comment

Hating Starbucks is excellent. There should be more of it.

Comment

What do you have against a black forest gateaux in a cup?

Comment

This is an essential truth for anyone on Twitter who cares about politics

[URL]https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1089262940312817664?s=21[/URL]

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/sta...312817664?s=21

Comment

Virginia Heffernan is on the Bernie/Russia conspiracy??

Comment

HRC Derangement Syndrome

Comment

the Clintonistas are- weird-

Comment

Working...
                                                    X