X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
    (Also that Parler account is a troll account IIRC, although it's pretty much impossible to determine what's a parody or not at this point.)
    There's an Internet Law about that, isn't there. That it's impossible to tell the difference between a right wing wingnut and a parody.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1348369317285548034?s=19

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
    You didn't win, so you must be a loser.
    Trump's credo.

Leave a comment:

• scratchmonkey
    replied
    You didn't win, so you must be a loser.

(Also that Parler account is a troll account IIRC, although it's pretty much impossible to determine what's a parody or not at this point.)

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Wait, so if you die in a MAGA riot that means you were an Antifa agent?

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    For the good of the planet, Twitter just needs to shut down full stop.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    She appeared to be "faking" her patriotism extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    They’ll never stop and ask themselves the question.

https://twitter.com/LCRWnews/status/1348072843641176070

Leave a comment:

• Lobachevsky
    replied
    is he crying.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Yeah, I heard about the No-Fly list thing. And it's entirely reasonable. These people have already provided clear evidence that they're dangerous fruitcakes who'll do ridiculous things and put lives at risk for their political agenda. You could totally believe that they'd try something out on a plane.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    https://twitter.com/rayredacted/status/1348388601118273537?s=21

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Typical Marxist rhetoric.

I would make a pun on one of his songs, but I can't remember any.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Yet again calls for the left to move on and leave it behind when the right have committed an atrocity.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    https://twitter.com/richardmarx/status/1348326088737509377

yes it's that richard Marx.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The chambers were swept for devices. They aren't that massive.

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    Why is the Oklahoma City bombing so
    forgotten? Everyone is acting like right-wing conspiracy nuts could kill a lot of people. They already have.
    Was also thinking of this. I was genuinely shocked that the Senate reconvened after the Capitol was invaded. The MAGAs could have placed something with remote detonation there. In fact, it could still be in there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    This thread is worth a read

https://twitter.com/terryboutonhist/status/1348365379173822465?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1348367569116409857?s=20

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    As more and more evidence of the activities of those truly intent on mayhem and "retribution" come out, there are questions not only as to what percentage of the attackers hey comprised (10 percent? More?), but also to what extent they were consciously using the chums as cover/supplementary muscle.

It is going to take time to get solid answers
    While I think both things are true:

- it was a really piss-poor terrible revolution with really pathetic revolutionaries who generally have all the backbone of a sponge and where it appears that almost nobody had worked through the actual processes that would get them there apart from perhaps wishful thinking that the armed forces will always defend the constitution and these loons believed that they were defending the constituion.

- but it increasingly looks like it wasn't just a slightly angry mob that got a bit out of hand and overexuberant and did stupid shit. As you say, there's more and more evidence that a substantial number of these people did think it was a revolution, and - as that twitter thread on the previous page suggests - it increasingly appears that Trump and Rudy genuinely thought something might come of it and were working it. There were legislators in the Capitol whose lives appear to have genuinely been at risk. They believed that by sabotaging the process of accepting the electoral college, and with the extra muscle from the military and police, they'd find a "constitutional" way to "stop the steal", if only they could get traitors Pence and Pelosi out of the way.

That they are completely unhinged from reality doesn't make them less treacherous or dangerous. Well, maybe less dangerous to the actual state: in this instance a coup was never going to get close to succeeding because nobody had actually done the work.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    OKC is the most glaring example, but there has been a conscious policy of inducing amnesia about the extent and toll of right wing terrorism here that goes back at least to Reconstruction

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    forgotten? Everyone is acting like right-wing conspiracy nuts could kill a lot of people. They already have.
    I was thinking of that the other day. Timothy McVeigh would have been with those insurrectionists on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    Can any of our constitutional experts help me here. I need some confirmation of my position:

As I understand it, Ted Cruz is obliged to let me stand in his kitchen hurling abuse at him 24 hours a day, or else he's trampling my first amendment rights.

Is this correct?
    No, only Donald Trump is allowed to do that to Reek Cruz.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    As more and more evidence of the activities of those truly intent on mayhem and "retribution" come out, there are questions not only as to what percentage of the attackers hey comprised (10 percent? More?), but also to what extent they were consciously using the chums as cover/supplementary muscle.

It is going to take time to get solid answers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X