No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's getting less of a free ride to the nomination though, which will piss him off.

Comment

Indeed, not being bussed into the presidency, that's for sure.

Some people write bussing with one s, apparently.

Weird.

Comment

Most people do, apparently, despite the irrationality

https://grammarist.com/spelling/buses-busses/

I retain the double s because busing just looks wrong when I write it, but we are going to lose this battle and have probably already done so.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 28-06-2019, 17:43.

Comment

A single s has long been the preferred spelling in the US

Comment

I'll never really be American if America continues with that kind of crazy.

Comment

Bussing suggests a quick kiss on the cheek to me.

Comment

Or clearing tables and delivering water at a restaurant

Comment

Busing sounds like a Swede trying to pronounce boozing.

Comment

I'm sure that this sounded good and not offensive in Joe's mind:

[URL]https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1144686533242445824[/URL]

Comment

Is that from today, and not from 1994?

Comment

Hug a hoodie!!

Comment

Has anyone asked Biden if he has used cocaine or weed.

Comment

His perspective has more empathy for Trayvon Martin's murderer than the victim.

Comment

Kamala Harris now the favourite with the bookies to be 2020 nominee.

Comcast moving to Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                Has anyone asked Biden if he has used cocaine or weed.
                                I think the lesson of the war on Drugs is that Cocaine and weed are for people who can't get their doctor to hook them up with the good stuff.

I thought the point of Bussing was that it was forced on the locals, sometimes at the barrel of a gun. I don't think his distinction is as meaningful in the real world as it is in his head.

Comment

You of course know that Biden's son was thrown out of the navy for cocaine abuse

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    You of course know that Biden's son was thrown out of the navy for cocaine abuse
                                    Come on Ursus, the story is far more juicier than that. His daughter was the pot head. All this whilst Biden was drafting laws to lock up people who did the same.

Comment

Of course, but I knew you would be around to finish the chance.

​​​​​​Berbaslug’s assertion is rather bizarre.

Comment

The lesson of the war on drugs, as I understand it, is the racial double standard applied to different forms of drug, both illegal and prescribed.

I doubt that any Democrat candidate would ever point this out, however.

Comment

The racial double standard has applied to all forms of "criminal justice" since Jamestown

Comment

Of course, but I knew you would be around to finish the chance.

​​​​​​Berbaslug’s assertion is rather bizarre.

People of Biden's age, and colour have always had the opportunity of going to the doctor and being high for the rest of their lives on the good stuff, that isn't mixed in a bathtub. Why go for weed or coke in the seventies when you can just get a prescription for qualudes? (which from the descriptions sounds like an awesome drug)

Comment

Because you are male, for one.

And because weed and coke were (and remain) social drugs in a way that pills really are not.

Comment

The bowls are largely an urban legend designed to scare people.

And E was well before the Wolf of Wall Street, and most definitely social. I was focused more on the 60s and 70s, which is what I thought Berbaslug was referring to.

It is also probably worth noting that Biden is from Scranton And was the poorest Senator for his first several terms (though he has remedied that in more recent years with the help of his corporate pals).

Comment

Biden's children.
                                                  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...caine-offenses

The son is an interesting character.....
                                                  Speaking of drugs, Harry Anslinger managed to get weed banned in the United States by convincing politicians it was a drug used by Black men to seduce White Women....... Similarities to Roe v Wade here.........
                                                  Last edited by Tactical Genius; 30-06-2019, 18:46.

Comment

Democratic death warrant signed there.
                                                    The question is, does Trump even need to campaign to win.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X