Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please....make it stop.

Comment

In an effort to get the thread on track, anyone have any thoughts on why Shirkey and Chatfield visited Trump at the White House? It seems to me absurdly risky, like agreeing to meet Jeffrey Epstein for a casual chat in the park. You know he's going to want to try and squeeze anything that benefits him out of it. Why would you do that? Misplaced loyalty? Confidence in your own position? Not wanting to offend Republican good manners?

Comment

A mix of all three I think. They are playing to multiple audiences and the visit is the one that will least offend the audiences they care most about. They can say they gave Trump a chance to produce some evidence even though in reality they knew he had no evidence. They can say it would be rude to turn down a President's invite while also pointing out tat attending did not imply endorsement of the batshit.

I'm interested in whether McEnany will face prosecution after this or even damage to potential career earnings. Has she already been promised a job in Trump's long preparation for a 2024 run? Will she revert to being his surrogate but on Fox not CNN, with whom she's descended to mutual contempt and insults? The least likely scenario seems to be a career in law, unless there is now a wingnut track for people like her that does not care about lying, conflicts of interest, bad faith or any ethical standards at all.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-11-2020, 00:14.

Comment

Plus they got a couple of bottles of Dom Perignon out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

Well, if the vast majority of Latinos/as/x don't identify with Latinx, it might cause mild offense or annoyance.
            I think you need to do a survey. Maybe get one of the polling companies to help you out.

Comment

Might be able to settle the great question of our time as well: burritx or tacx?

Comment

Big, manly Burritx for dudes, tacx for the dainty delicate ladies

Comment

If I felt it was a fight I should be getting involved in, I'd be fighting about the Latin part, rather than the -o, -a or -x part.
                  Last edited by Lurgee; 23-11-2020, 04:25.

Comment

I recall certain announcers in the 70s and 80s referring to Latin ballplayers. I didn’t understand why they were called that. I’m not sure of the origin of that designation.

Comment

The term "Latin America" was first used in an 1856 conference with the title "Initiative of America. Idea for a Federal Congress of the Republics" (Iniciativa de la Am?rica. Idea de un Congreso Federal de las Rep?blicas),[6] by the Chilean politician Francisco Bilbao. The term was further popularised by French emperor Napoleon III's government in the 1860s as Am?rique latine to justify France's military involvement in Mexico and try to include French-speaking territories in the Americas such as French Canada, French Louisiana, or French Guiana, in the larger group of countries where Spanish and Portuguese languages prevailed.[7].
                      Though that isn't universally accepted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_...nd_definitions

Comment

Can't believe Snake deleted my comment. I'd flounce, but I'm furloughed and have fuck all else to do.

Comment

I'm on a short fuse today.

Posts removed to tidy the thread up and temporary bans issued.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                            Can't believe Snake deleted my comment. I'd flounce, but I'm furloughed and have fuck all else to do.
                            Yours was worth saving.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                              I'm on a short fuse today.

Posts removed to tidy the thread up and temporary bans issued.
                              So why was my post deleted?

Comment

In fact, why was any? They weren't spam or abusive. Boring perhaps. But it's now an incomplete thread. A dishonest representation of what happened.

Comment

Twenty years I've been on this place and there's never been that sort of editing, and for large parts of that people like Toro and SSS were calling each other fucking all sorts. Stronger than tool anyway. It was robust and intellectually challenging and you better know your shit. And if anyone crossed the line, which was pretty much determined by consensus, it was sorted out. Tops off in the car park. No biting, scratching or gouging. All contact must be above the waist.

Ah those were the days.

Comment

Because it was all petty sniping derailing the thread? And taking Nef/Bruno’s posts out smashed the context all over the place so yours made no sense and contributed nothing to the remaining. I’m sorry for breaking up your amusement.

Comment

I've never had my top off in car park with anyone on this board. Even in my twenties.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                        Because it was all petty sniping derailing the thread? And taking Nef/Bruno’s posts out smashed the context all over the place so yours made no sense and contributed nothing to the remaining. I’m sorry for breaking up your amusement.
                                        It's not about breaking up amusement. It's about one person deciding what does and doesn't pass muster. It wasn't derailing the thread, it was the thread. Or at least part of it.

Plus, if you start deleting my posts because they make no sense, you're going to be pretty busy.

Comment

If anything has derailed the thread, it's this wholly unnecessary diversion. But you're the boss.

Comment

Biden closing in rapidly on 80 million votes now. Margin bigger than Obama 2012.

Comment

Biden did better than Obama. That's going to turn Trump's brain in knots.

Comment

I thought derailing of topics was the modus operandi of OTF.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                                  Biden did better than Obama. That's going to turn Trump's brain in knots.
                                                  Has he done better in sheer numbers or in percentage terms?

Comment

Both, compared to 2012

Comment

Working...
                                                    X