Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
    I assumed it was a diminutive form of Roberto.

Anyhoo, I've decided that I will cast my vote for whichever Dem candidate is most popular amongst African Americans. It's high time they took over because they have suffered long enough at the hands of The White Man.
    Ahhh, but do you believe in Reparations for ADOS?
    when asked about Reparations, Harris said she ain't creating any special laws for black people so that's her done and dusted.

Comment

Harris will make Dukakis look like a great campaign, if she gets the nomination we are doomed. I fear she is the Sensible Centrist box ticking hope but.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Ahhh, but do you believe in Reparations for ADOS?
        when asked about Reparations, Harris said she ain't creating any special laws for black people so that's her done and dusted.
        I do support reparations, and I would like to extend that to Native Americans as well. I don't get the sense from my Black Twitter friends that Harris is very popular among POC anyway, for reasons that have more to do with criminal justice than with the reparations issue. She ain't it.

Comment

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ff-2020-ballot

Washington state has passed a bill to keep 45 off the 2020 ballot papers, unless he releases his tax returns. (5 years minimum, and for any candidate.)
          Last edited by Gerontophile; 17-03-2019, 03:54.

Comment

Pete Buttigeig's dad translated Gramsci's Prison Notebooks

Comment

Emereon Wisconsin Democratic primary poll, conducted March 15-17:

Sanders 39%
              Biden 24%
              Warren 14%
              O'Rourke 6%
              Harris 5%
              Klobuchar 4%
              Booker 2%

Comment

So if I have it right, that poll was taken before Beto publicized his fundraising haul. I wonder if that would've changed it any.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

I do support reparations, and I would like to extend that to Native Americans as well. I don't get the sense from my Black Twitter friends that Harris is very popular among POC anyway, for reasons that have more to do with criminal justice than with the reparations issue. She ain't it.
                  Native Americans have had reparations numerous times and black people have had nothing. Actually, Native Americans had cut black people out of reparations that were meant for the both of them. The little black people got after the civil was was taken back from them during jim crow with repressive laws, arson and theft (see the Freedman's bank)

Comment

If it turns out to be Biden v Sanders, what a fucking indictment of the Democrat talent pool.

Comment

We need to start talking about Poll Derangement Syndrome

Comment

State level polls. For primaries. 11 months out from the first primary... Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                          If it turns out to be Biden v Sanders, what a fucking indictment of the Democrat talent pool.
                          Eh, it's just a slump. Like the Dutch national football team. Generational gap with low quality in the middle, but some promising youngsters bubbling up. Give it eight years, and the picture will be completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Native Americans have had reparations numerous times and black people have had nothing. Actually, Native Americans had cut black people out of reparations that were meant for the both of them. The little black people got after the civil was was taken back from them during jim crow with repressive laws, arson and theft (see the Freedman's bank)
                            Yeah, I have actually thought about what I wrote there and you're right. There are still injustices, but that's a completely separate issue.

What I'm not so sure about is ADOS vs the wider Pan-Africanism movement. I believe that reparations should not be limited only to ADOS, and I think ADOS is being used by trolls to sow division. And I'm not trying to whitesplain this issue, so whenever I've got it wrong, please tell me.

PS Belated happy birthday
                            Last edited by Femme Folle; Yesterday, 04:32.

Comment

The draft Mike Gravel movement:

https://splinternews.com/mike-gravel...f-a-1833434906

Comment

Is he back again. Might be good for Sanders have somebody ten years older and ten times angrier than him in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X