No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from Leave The Capitol, by The fall.

Comment

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1317946190462357505

Comment

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1317965230459228162

Comment

Canada too:

"To the question: “If you could vote in the U.S. presidential election, would you vote for Joe Biden or Donald Trump?”, a significant majority of Canadians (72 per cent) would support Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Only 14 per cent of respondents would vote for Donald Trump, and another 14 per cent are undecided." — Macleans Oct 1

Today's head-to-head Macleans poll splits 84% Biden 16% Trump
          Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 19-10-2020, 00:45.

Comment

There is a some correlation between votes for far right parties/candidates (Le Pen, Vox, AfD, UKIP, etc.) and the Trump percentage in Europe*. 13 percent may be an approximation of the Rebel Media wingnuts in Canada

* The Netherlands are a bit of an outlier, perhaps because Trump gets the DeVos co-religionists in addition to the Wilders vote).

Comment

Impressive how strongly that sub-20% are represented on here.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                There is a some correlation between votes for far right parties/candidates (Le Pen, Vox, AfD, UKIP, etc.) and the Trump percentage in Europe*. 13 percent may be an approximation of the Rebel Media wingnuts in Canada

* The Netherlands are a bit of an outlier, perhaps because Trump gets the DeVos co-religionists in addition to the Wilders vote).
                I suspect he would do a bit better if he were, somehow, the actual conservative candidate for PM in those countries. People can justify all sorts of things if it’s in their interest.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                    You're on a plane. It all tastes like shit.

Comment

This poses the interesting question off whether shit tastes less shitty on a plane

Im not volunteering

Comment

I'm odd because I don't mind airline food at all.

Comment

I love Sedaris but this analogy leaves vegetarians abstaining

Anyway would be interested to see the figures for Hungary in the euro polls. The media (well the 90+% of it controlled by the government) is really pushing Trump big time

Comment

In cliched stereotype alert, Air France's food was pretty good. This is based on my one return flight experience mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

The Dutch protest vote nowadays is split between Wilders and Thierry Baudet's Forum voor Democratie. The latter try to cover their bullshit with the thinnest veneer of respectability, so they may not show up in an overview of far right parties yet.

Comment

Yes, Thierry Baudet's FvD is as bad as, if not worse than, the Wilders shower.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Anyway would be interested to see the figures for Hungary in the euro polls. The media (well the 90+% of it controlled by the government) is really pushing Trump big time
                                  I suppose Hungary, Poland and Russia are all pro-Trump.

Comment

Their governments certainly are.

Comment

I think the Slovenian PM is a big trumpist too.

Comment

This article speaks to that a bit https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...years-of-trump

Comment

I wonder how 18% support for Trump correlates with a Tory majority in the UK. You'd think that if you voted for the latter, you'd hypothtically vote for the former.

Comment

I imagine there's a chunk of the blue rinse home counties Tory electorate who would find him frightfully gauche

Comment

Impressive how strongly that sub-20% are represented on here.
                                              What?

Comment

I think that HP is right. The blue rinse home counties brigade would find Trump terribly gauche but would still find a way to vote for their Tory MP if Trump was the party leader. They'd even find a way to vote for Trump if he was their MP. It would be some manufactured nonsense about their local MP being a decent cove who'll act as a balance on Trump or Corbyn's anti-semitism or Milliband's inability to eat a bacon sandwich. But many of them would find a way.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  I love Sedaris but this analogy leaves vegetarians abstaining
                                                  Vegetarians shit, I'm quite sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                    I'm odd because I don't mind airline food at all.
                                                    I like the portions. I wish restaurants had airplane meal portions on their menu.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X