No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that right wingers are the only ones talking about Mount Rushmore. I didn't see anyone on the left talking about it initially, so all they're doing is effectively reminding everyone about how Mount Rushmore is an affront to the Sioux and how its designer was a racist.

Comment

There was a hilarious rant today about how the destruction of Mount Rushmore will eventually lead to Yale being renamed.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        There was a hilarious rant today about how the destruction of Mount Rushmore will eventually lead to Yale being renamed.
        Yes, from New York Times Opinion-endorsed Sen. Cotton. It's amusing seeing right wingers pointing to Ivy league universities and their ties to slave holders and authors of racist publications as a sort of gotcha, not thinking that actual leftists hate those institutions as much as them.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Like that would be a bad thing?

Comment

Not just bad, but the worst thing imaginable

Cotton is a profoundly strange (and dangerous) man

Comment

Both the Trump and Biden campaigns are likely by now to be planning for the near certainty that the COVID daily figures will still be high on polling day. How Biden's team handles that fact, in relation to turnout, will be crucial, given the likelihood of widespread voter suppression attempts.

Comment

EARLY VOTING! ABSENTEE VOTING! VOTING BY MAIL!

not to sound alarmist or anything
                Last edited by Cal Alamein; 04-07-2020, 00:23.

Comment

Kanye's in the race ...

Comment

Not really

The deadline for third party access to the ballot has passed in all 50 states and the District, and while there are still states where he could theoretically get listed as an independent, those deadlines are soon and he has no clue about the process.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1280164763507572736[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                        Kanye's in the race ...
                        And all for a bargain US$2.5m in sweet bailout money. Grifters gonna grift.

Comment

They are really flailing

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1281257974514757632

Comment

I don't have a lot of confidence in Biden remaining energetic and on-track during a 90-minute debate. I think there are still a lot of concerns about his acuity. Trump would only need a moment of Biden's mind walking into an alleyway of thought and getting lost, trailing off with "uh...I don't know, I'm sorry..." like he has before for Trump to pounce.

Comment

I think anyone concerned about acuity, or about staying on track, is not going to be voting for Biden’s opponent.

Also, I’m not sure that Trump is sharp enough to pick up on Biden’s mind-wandering in the moment. If Biden goes dopey Trump just won’t notice. He’d attack on it later during dreary campaign events, of course, but later’s probably too late to do damage.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                If Biden goes dopey Trump just won’t notice. He’d attack on it later during dreary campaign events, of course, but later’s probably too late to do damage.
                                That's a good point. Trump never listens during a discussion or debate, except to the voices in his own head. If Biden, or his handlers, are smart he'll say as little as he needs to.

Comment

A presidential debate has never seemed so pointless. I would be looking for any excuse not to have them if I were either candidate.

Comment

Still flailing

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1282089662023176192

Comment

What are they saying? That he looks sexy so people will vote for him? I don't really follow the point of the tweets screenshotted.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                        What are they saying? That he looks sexy so people will vote for him? I don't really follow the point of the tweets screenshotted.

It's either (a) yes, he looks magnificent, (b) he looks better than Biden or (c) the only advantage that Biden had over Trump was that he wore a mask, a gap now bridged.

Goodness knows which or the thinking process behind it.

Comment

Of course he feels the need to have the presidential seal on his mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                            Kanye's in the race ...
                                            And now he is out

Comment

He was never in.

Comment

True dat

Brad Parscale is no longer Trump's campaign manager, replaced by one of the principal figures from Chris Christie's Bridgegate scandal

Comment

They've been telegraphing that one for about a week. OK did him in.

Comment

This is massively nerdy, but every single one of these changes (by perhaps the most respected independent prognosticator of legislative races) has the Republicans less likely to win the seat

https://twitter.com/cookpolitical/status/1284102516091899909

Comment

Working...
                                                    X