No announcement yet.

Someone Has To Do It: US Elections 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6% of the Black people who voted in the 2016 General Election voted for Trump.

The percentage of Black Republicans is considerably higher. A Black former colleague of mine used to be the chair of the Republican National Committee.

Thanks for that clip. I'm not used to such serious subjects being discussed on chat shows.

Comment

Michael Steele is an odd one - anti-Trump, MSNBC pundit, but also a climate change denier and wants to overturn Roe v Wade. Certainly no liberal.

OTOH he's more genuinely conservative than Trump and seems to have ethics that derive from a devout Catholicism (having trained for the priesthood).
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 17-02-2019, 23:31.

Comment

Yes, that's basically his schtick. Then again, anyone who reaches a senior position in the GOP is going to have issues.

Comment

If he'd beaten Preibus, it would have been a tough call whether he'd have caved to Trump like Reince did. I wouldn't rule it out but I suspect he'd have taken the Paul Ryan path. His ego must be massive for a conservative like him to do the MSNBC gig without massive cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Saw a clip of him on CBS on YouTube.

Truth bomb after truth bomb.

Hell will freeze over before they let him win.

Comment

I saw an Interview with Killa Mike a week or so ago where he said Bernie would run.

Comment

My Hillarystan cousin is already proclaiming 2020 as "very bad for women and POC, and the worst of it will come from the left".

Funny how people's left wing politics stop at, say, working for an insurance company.

Comment

President Klobuchar will still be an improvement on the incumbent.

Comment

The Clinton Clique already blaming Bernie for Trump’s inevitable victory

Comment

I almost feel sorry for Harris and Booker after the Smollett incident. First Harris lies about listening to Tupac whilst smoking weed. Corey Booker's imaginary friend T-Bone, not the Smollett issue. They should slip away quitly as they are both now seen by many as joke candidates.

Comment

Not having a candidate who Black folks want to vote for would be a very effective way of losing the election.

Comment

I think Sanders would probably get more Black votes than Booker or Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                            I saw an Interview with Killa Mike a week or so ago where he said Bernie would run.
                            The one in the barber shop? Saw that one

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                              I think Sanders would probably get more Black votes than Booker or Harris.
                              Really? The black people I follow on Twitter are not fans.

Comment

There's a large group of black anti-Sanders professional tweeters (that Ragnorak Lobster guy, etc.), but there are also black people on the left who may not be complete Sanders supporters, but who don't like being told that no black people support him.

Meanwhile, Sanders has outraised Kamala Harris' one-day fundraising total in four hours, from 4,000 more donors.

Comment

This is currently playing out on FC Barcelona Twitter of all places

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                    There's a large group of black anti-Sanders professional tweeters (that Ragnorak Lobster guy, etc.), but there are also black people on the left who may not be complete Sanders supporters, but who don't like being told that no black people support him.

Meanwhile, Sanders has outraised Kamala Harris' one-day fundraising total in four hours, from 4,000 more donors.
                                    I went to his twitter page and he was trying to finesse a GoFundMe campaign. Not an effective tweeter if you ask me lol.

I am not saying there is a groubndswell of support for Sander by any means, he seems the best of an average/bad bunch.

In Other news, Harris father has criticised her in public for her Weed comments.
                                    https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com/...mpression=true

Jamaicans are livid, especially since Weed is something that was introduced by Indian migrants hence why many Africans and Carribeans over a certain age would call it Indian Hemp.
                                    Last edited by Tactical Genius; 19-02-2019, 18:24.

Comment

It's weird how many of the Sanders haters still seem to adore Hillary Clinton who was served by unpaid black prisoners [aka slaves] when Bill was governor of Arkansas.

Comment

Someone explain to me (again) how an independent can run in a Democrat primary.

And, why doesn't said candidate run in a Republican primary.

(OK, he probably wouldn't be allowed within 1000 miles of a republican presidential run.)
                                        Last edited by Gerontophile; 19-02-2019, 19:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          This is currently playing out on FC Barcelona Twitter of all places
                                          I saw Kevin's first tweet and decided to look away from Twitter for a bit.

Comment

A Resistance Mom I am friends with on FB, last Wednesday when posting a "I'm not going to tear down any Democrats running against Trump" meme: "I’m going to keep saying this until we finally win in 2020. Keep throwing out new names. Keep bringing up things you love about these candidates. But keep it positive and when we choose one get behind them 100%. We cannot afford to bicker over who is progressive enough, green enough, politically correct enough. Are they NOT Trump? Then they are fantastic."

Resistance Mom today: "Bernie, bless your heart and sit..the..fuck..down."

Comment

Why do normally sane women (and some men) become so furious about Sanders?

Comment

Larry David just put a deposit on a new boat....

Comment

Not sure it has much to do with mental health one way or another. But yeah, people do get very cross. Like they do about Degsy.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X