Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ursus arctos
    replied
    One of whom is a retired Lieutenant Colonel and graduate of the Air Force Academy

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    Some v impressive digital journalism has identified some of these rioters with wrist-ties (plastic handcuffs)

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I'm quite sure that Trump's presence was still revenue-positive for Twitter

What has changed are the related expenses, particularly in terms of regulatory and legal exposure (Democratic control of the Senate being a factor), as well as the willingness of key employees to put up with the unavoidable association with the platform's highest profile user.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
    Fuckin twitter. Either you let the fucker write what he wants, or you suspend him five years ago for breaking the rules then. He was worth too much to them, but now he's toast so they can burn him.

They were using him to advertise Twitter on Tokyo metro billboards a couple years ago.

Trump getting a dose of his own medicine, there. Used up and tossed on the pile now they can't make any more cash out of him.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/itsmelissabrown/status/1347615364490919936

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    https://twitter.com/desusnice/status/1347722799746584577

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    Now Limbaugh's account is gone. Not clear if removed, or if he deleted it himself. Good riddance, hopefully the cancer finishes the job this year.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Oh god. It's an idiot on a football message board trying to outwit the admins. He's probably creating fake names to agree with himself.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1347742976244555779

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    He’s tried tweeting from someone else’s account and that was deleted. He’s absolutely pathetic, and this is hilarious to see.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

He could go on Parler, but after yesterday everyone on there hates him. Besides they're not "YUGE!" enough to satisfy his needs.
    There was a tweet that he started a Parler account but the site crashed under the increased traffic. Plus there’s the issue that Google has pulled it from the Play Store, and Apple is looking like they will pull it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    What I don't get, however, is why there isn't an alt-Right social media platform from which he could send this stuff. Why does he need to use a platform that has anti-violence policies?
    He could go on Parler, but after yesterday everyone on there hates him. Besides they're not "YUGE!" enough to satisfy his needs.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The bloodshed that historians will focus on is the 375,000 plus of his fellow citizens who died due to his criminal lack of response to a public health emergency

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Will historians write that the Trump era was always going to end in bloodshed, it was just a question of how much? He was never going to leave office peacefully, no matter how long he held the job, e.g. he'd have done this in 2024 because Congress wouldn't let him have a third term.

Twitter was also going to throw him off as soon as he lost power because it knew this violent incitement was coming. I'm surprised they didn't do it back in December, though, after the Electoral College voted, which would have avoided this weekend's incitement tweets.

What I don't get, however, is why there isn't an alt-Right social media platform from which he could send this stuff. Why does he need to use a platform that has anti-violence policies?

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    My friend (and his wife) who work at a major tech firm tell me their household is "very busy" right now.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    He can’t stay away, it’s hilarious that he’s going to keep letting them own him over and over again

Leave a comment:

• Mr Beast
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I shouldn't have laughed at that but it is fucking funny.
    Why shouldn’t you? Fucking good riddance to every pathetic dead nazi.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Oh man, this is getting more brilliant by the minute.

Apparently Trump has got into the POTUS Twitter account and is trying to go bonkers, but twitter keep deleting everything.

Just in case anyone wondered if getting banned from Twitter really hurt his feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    They could just do it in the rotunda.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    I thought the interesting part on Parler is that it has become almost unusable now it actually has traffic. It is like Friendster back in the day.

Biden has been doing some good trolling. I fully expect a "biggest inauguration ever!" tweet with an empty mall.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Parler has been taken off Google's App Store and Apple has "given it an ultimatum to improve its moderation policies or be removed from their App Store" in the wake of a surge of traffic following Trump's Twitter suspension.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    I've heard the inauguration described as "mostly virtual", and Biden seems happy with security, as it's a secret service gig, rather than whoever was in charge on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    It was quiet to start with and is reportedly being completely re-designed after the 6th

Which isn't surprising given that scaffolding erected for the inauguration was used by the mob to get into the Capitol

National Guard units from a number of states have also been mobilised

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruno View Post
    That video makes me uneasy more than anything by the way. Hope I'm wrong, but it feels like we're in for something else bad before Jan. 20.
    Have there been any details about what kind of plans had already been been made for a socially distanced, pandemic-conscious inauguration?

The fact that I presume it will have been massively scaled down already, I presume, probably makes it easier to secure as it is sure to be a target for the MAGA terrorists.

Twitter may be suspending Trump years too late but they are completely correct about the signalling going on in what turned out to be his final tweet.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-01-2021, 01:02.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruno View Post
    Try to imagine how mad you'd be right now if you truly believed the election was stolen and were seeing the impeachment article. Scary times.
    This. The media seem focused on Washington political machinations, but the genie is out of the bottle with his supporters, who will not believe anything outside of their indoctrination.
    I fear we'll see a lot of individual acts of violence and terrorism in the coming days, and more bloodshed around the 20th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X