No announcement yet.

Food poisoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I phrased that clumsily. At EIM's age there's a much higher chance that it is simply food poisoning. But he is also edging towards the point where he should perhaps consider making an appointment with the frogman with a camera anyway. I was trying to make the point that the two experiences are essentially identical. I mean if it is something else, it will manifest itself in other ways, like a general loss of energy, or initially flatttering weightloss, or a change in the consistency or the smell of blood in your doings. (which is difficult to describe, but you'll know that something has changed) So I suppose the important thing is to pay attention for a bit, and if a previously bulletproof stomach starts to give you niggles, then off to the GP to book an appointment.
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 17-01-2019, 01:09.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
      She continued. "Folding clothes is not about making it compact. But it is about love. Too communicate your affection and gratitude for their continuous support."
      I've been folding clothes the Marie Kondo way for years and I can assure you it is about making them compact.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        or initially flatttering weightloss
        Ah well. Food poisoning it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post

I've been folding clothes the Marie Kondo way for years and I can assure you it is about making them compact.
          If it's not about love then you've clearly not been doing it her way.

Comment

He probably doesn't bother thanking them, either.

Comment

I remember a few years ago, a colleague's husband got Crohns. In his case there was nothing subtle, he started shiting blood. Coincidentally at the time there was a big campaign about bowel cancer...He went to the gp sharpish...

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Ah well. Food poisoning it is then.
                Pleased to hear it. Just keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Anything in this area is a thousand times less hassle to deal with if caught as early as possible.

Comment

Pleased to hear it. Just keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Anything in this area is a thousand times less hassle to deal with if caught as early as possible.
                  I'm not the Shitmaster that you are, but I've got my history.

It took me four years, of 10 to 15 runny shits a day, to realise I was gluten-intolerant (at the age of 46 at the start, or 50 at the end). I'd check that out if I were you, EIM. It's probably not that, but there's no harm in asking.

Comment

It took me four years, of 10 to 15 runny shits a day,

Fucking hell man. They should raise a statue to you. That may be the most counter-productively "male" thing, since the first world war. You're up there with my dad who went 35 years without going to a GP, until he had blood pressure so high that the doctor shaved 80 off both figures to get him admitted to the hospital.

Comment

It took me four years, of 10 to 15 runny shits a day,

Fucking hell man. They should raise a statue to you.
                      No, I prefer to keep it to myself. Which is why I posted it on the internet.

I wasn't sure whether the number of runny shits was normal or not, so I never asked. It was only when I started shitting myself in public that I decided to ask somebody in a white coat and with letters before their name whether it was all right or not.

Not that they gave me an adequate response. Doctors? I shit 'em.

Comment

Being Irish, I share the same bum genes as TAB and JFK. Celiac disease, colitis, farty bowels, the lot of it seems to run in the family. So I certainly keep an eye on things. Even the undiagnosed in my family, such as myself, tend to spend longer in the loo than the average person. It's a spectrum, really.
                        ​​​​

Comment

tend to spend longer in the loo than the average person.

that seems to suggest that you're grand, If you have colitis or crohns, you're finished your business in seconds. You have to go again 10 minutes later mind you.

Comment

I'm 12.5% Irish. Do you think this is a valid excuse for the aeons I sometimes spend in the dunny? Drives Mrs. S mad.

Comment

tend to spend longer in the loo than the average person.

that seems to suggest that you're grand, If you have colitis or crohns, you're finished your business in seconds. You have to go again 10 minutes later mind you.
                              Yes, I can vouch for that. It's as though the lavatory's a cream cake, your bowels are a piping bag and you yourself are a nervous, eager-to-please apprentice pastry chef.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                He probably doesn't bother thanking them, either.
                                They should thank me, the ungrateful bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                  Yes, I can vouch for that. It's as though the lavatory's a cream cake, your bowels are a piping bag and you yourself are a nervous, eager-to-please apprentice pastry chef.
                                  I would have gone with the toilet is the boundless vacuum of space, your arse is the exhaust nozzle, and your bowels are a complicated set of turbo pumps perfectly designed to move tonnes of dangerous liquids and gasses in fractions of a second.

Comment

Working...
                                  X