Unexpected day off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected day off

Excellent news (although probably not for those concerned) in that a warehouse next to one of the places I work in has burnt down, and the resulting smoke has buggered up the next door supermarket, who are taking the lull in opening hours to do a sharpish refurbishment.

It feels a bit like when there were strikes in the 70's in Glasgow (something to do with oil deliveries) and there was no heating in school.

However, I am already at a loose end, and may end up playing Torino 2006 on the PC all day, which while fun, would be a waste, as the sun is shining and there is a song in my heart (ok, on the CD player).

Unexpected day off

Go to a charity shop and buy a book for a maximum of £1. Then take it to the park and read it. You won't regret it, trust me.

Comment

Unexpected day off

Looking out the back window of our loft conversion right now, which affords me a spectacular view over Morecambe bay, I can see a plume of thick, black smoke on the horizon - probably in the vicinty of ASDA. Is it national 'Burn a Supermarket' day today?

Comment

Unexpected day off

that sounds like an even better idea than the book/park thing. buy petrol, matches, nip to Tescos and burn the fucker to the ground

Comment

Unexpected day off

Unfortunately my local T**co is 24 hours so there may be people there, who dont work for them.

Comment

Unexpected day off

Of course, I may have to stay in today to make these 'runny fried-egg-white' people see how outstandingly WRONG they are. (or possibly just lie down in a darkened room and breathe deeply to calm down)

Comment

Unexpected day off

Or, failing that, wankathon?

Comment

Unexpected day off

Come on Ger the pubs have been open for 45 minutes. Don't waste any more time.

Comment

Unexpected day off

Not quite bored enough for that yet.

Comment

Unexpected day off

I could do with a drink right about now

Comment

Unexpected day off

Unfortunately, I am not quite bored enough for that yet either. I have a Christopher Brookmyre which I havent read, the tennis is on, then 2 fab football matches later (ok, 1 fab, and Italy v Romania) so I should be ok.

The sky's gone out (Sun has buggered off).

Comment

Unexpected day off

Go to a charity shop and buy a book for a maximum of £1
                        I don't know where you're from, but the charity shops round my way don't sell books for anything like as cheap as a quid.

Comment

Unexpected day off

Depends where you go. Oxfam Books jack the price up because, like, they're Oxfam, but you can get many a bargain (including the recently-spotted charity shop staple "Managing My Life") for less than a quid in Help The Aged and the like.

Comment

Unexpected day off

KingMob - Surely that'll be a fire at the dump/recycling centre?

While we're in that neck of the woods, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to stick a fucking adtro turf pitch next to a landfill site, but whoever it is is a fucking moron.

Comment

Unexpected day off

Ah, yeah, it was most proably at the dump. Which is where I was supposed to go this morning with all the rocks I cleared from the garden the other week. Never mind.

And yes, having the astroturf so close to the landfill aparrently leads to all sorts of nasty infections developing from otherwise innocuous grazes.

Comment

Unexpected day off

As for cheap books, there's always Penguin Popular Classics for £2 a pop.

Comment

Unexpected day off

Bollocks. Andy Murray has withdrawn, so the tennis will be rather less interesting (although Djokovic is still there).

Sod it, I will have a well-earned siesta.

Comment

Working...
                                  X