Magazine Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magazine Publishing

It depends on how you made the PDF. Did you go direct to PDF from InDesign, or did you go through Acrobat Distiller?

Comment

Magazine Publishing

I went direct.

Comment

Magazine Publishing

Right, then I may not be able to help you as I've never sent a print job using InDesign. However, I'm sure in the output options or the general preferences there's an option to embed fonts. Any InDesign gurus on the board?

If all else fails, make a PostScript file and distill to one of the high-quality presets in Acrobat Distiller (Print Quality or High Quality).

Comment

Magazine Publishing

Yeah, Distiller is kind of essential. Even the mickey mouse place I was at before used it.

Comment

Magazine Publishing

Hmmm, the few times I prepared PDFs from InDesign, I had no problems with embedding fonts. Could it be you inadvertently used a pirated font that is protected? If you send your PostScript files through Distiller, you ought to get a warning message to that effect.

Comment

Magazine Publishing

You didn't select "Smallest File Size" rather than "Press Quality" when you exported, did you? I just tried opening up an InDesign document, and when I switched to Smallest File Size, a warning about some fonts not being embedded came up.

Mind you, even on the Press Quality setting it says something about embedding "all fonts with appropriate permission bits", so maybe Pan Tau is onto something re: hooky fonts.

Comment

Magazine Publishing

The fonts I used were pretty standard I think, and I went with Press Quality. Will try going through Distiller.

Comment

Working...
                X