No announcement yet.

Murdoch scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm quite sure that this was the result of typical Murdochian "monstering" tactics.

They wanted Stokes to become an "exclusive correspondent"; he declined (whether on principle, terms or a combination) and they responded to the rebuff by trashing him so as to get a bump in their own sales while potentially reducing his value to a rival redtop.

They are genuinely horrible people.

Comment

Quelle surprise.

Comment

Stokes has been authoring a column for the Mirror since early May so I would imagine this despicable piece has been in the works since then, but timed (cowardly) for a week after The Ashes to avoid the optics of anti-Sun banners in the crowds, and Stokes and/or Root attacking the paper in their press conferences, I'd imagine. I'm not sure how The Sun are going to get into any future press conferences while he's in the side, although I'm sure they'll try.

Comment

Interesting; I didn't know about the Mirror column.

A year ago, this would have been very uncomfortable for the ECB given their being in thrall to Sky, but with the change in ownership there it becomes easier for them to support their player.

Comment

Do we know who the journalist here was working for?

Comment

The Private Eye says it's the Sun on Sunday.

Comment

All of this thread is worth reading
                [URL]https://twitter.com/briancathcart/status/1174308832350232577?s=21[/URL]

two vile people Tony Gallagher and the remarkably innocent Rebekah Brooks, who was reappointed as head of News Group newspapers despite the fact that the hacking trial revealed her to be a mindless incompetent who had no idea whatsoever what was happening at the paper she edited.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                  The Private Eye says it's the Sun on Sunday.
                  So the link is Rebekah Brooks, rather than Dan Wootton or Tony Gallagher?

Or has Wootton still retained some role at the SoS?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    I posted on the rugby thread that I thought it must have been the Scum as Alfie released his story with the Mirror.

It's time for them to be closed down if so. A Liverpool style boycott is not enough.

Comment

A local journalist speaks

[URL]https://twitter.com/danjamesmartin/status/1174274459550793734?s=21[/URL]

Comment

As a writer, he would have done well not to have started his tweet with "Turned up at the doorstep" in these circumstances.

Rather silly that some people - not on here - have been quite rightly showing their contempt but, not so rightly, using the image of the front page to illustrate it. Plays straight into the Sun's hands. I managed to avoid the story completely until someone posted the headline on Facebook.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/sunapology/status/1174604416269398016?s=21[/URL]

Comment

https://twitter.com/YourFriendZippy/status/1175075794172960769?s=20

Comment

Fox News refer to Greta Thunberg as "mentally ill Swedish child".

But they've apologised, and won't use Michael Knowles* again

So that's Ok

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1176490992834248705

* I always knew he and the rest of them on "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" were on dodgy ground (if not outright racists) for agreeing to appear alongside Michael Bates in blackface

And the hackneyed stereotypes of those in the Raj and the local population.

Comment

Brownface.

Comment

Yeah.

Whatever.

But wholly unacceptable in the 1970s.

Comment

Unacceptable but not uncommon.

Comment

Vanity Fair peeks behind the curtain at Fox News. It includes this profile in courage from Paul Ryan.

Among the powerful voices advising Lachlan that Fox should decisively break with the president is former House speaker Paul Ryan, who joined the Fox board in March. “Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it,” an executive who’s spoken with Ryan told me.
                                      Yes, if only he had any power as House Speaker.

Edit: Oops, sorry Bruno, just realised you posted this earlier.

Comment

What a surprise.

Clarkson writing in the S*n

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshButle...85523182198784

Presumably endorsed by the editor, and by extension, his hands-on publisher.

“People are not meant to live in Australia”…"because God is embarrassed”

Comment

Sensitive as ever. Knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            Sensitive as ever. Knob.
                                            Well thank you very much for that endorsement

(Looks for the block poster function)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Well thank you very much for that endorsement

(Looks for the block poster function)
                                              Sorry Guy I've just realised how that looks! I should have made it a bit clearer that I meant Clarkson.

Comment

Man Utd claim Sun knew of the attack on Woodward's house prior to it happening and sent a reporter and photographer to cover it.

Comment

The BBC thread and the Murdoch thread are coming together

[URL]https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/1226821873163481088?s=21[/URL]

Comment

And we're into the stage where they're not even pretending any more.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X