Brownface.

Comment

Yeah.

Whatever.

But wholly unacceptable in the 1970s.

Comment

Unacceptable but not uncommon.

Comment

Vanity Fair peeks behind the curtain at Fox News. It includes this profile in courage from Paul Ryan.

Among the powerful voices advising Lachlan that Fox should decisively break with the president is former House speaker Paul Ryan, who joined the Fox board in March. “Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it,” an executive who’s spoken with Ryan told me.
          Yes, if only he had any power as House Speaker.

Edit: Oops, sorry Bruno, just realised you posted this earlier.

Comment

It works for either thread.

Paul Ryan is obviously a stooge, but so is the rest of Congress when it comes to checking the power of the president. My reaction to the House impeachment proceedings is "too little too late." Unless public opinion moves dramatically against the Republicans, breaks that 40% wall and forces the Senate to play along, the whole process will just be illustrative of the problem that it can't effectively address anymore.

As for the future of Fox, we're seeing a cutthroat competition for the future of right-wing news as a whole in a race to the bottom. Fox still has a few sane holdouts like Smith and Wallace and still has pretensions to real journalism, separate from its opinion branch, but the right-wing media biosphere doesn't want or need that distinction (Trump least of all).

Comment

What a surprise.

Clarkson writing in the S*n

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshButle...85523182198784

Presumably endorsed by the editor, and by extension, his hands-on publisher.

“People are not meant to live in Australia”…"because God is embarrassed”

Comment

Sensitive as ever. Knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                  Sensitive as ever. Knob.
                  Well thank you very much for that endorsement

(Looks for the block poster function)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Well thank you very much for that endorsement

(Looks for the block poster function)
                    Sorry Guy I've just realised how that looks! I should have made it a bit clearer that I meant Clarkson.

Comment

Man Utd claim Sun knew of the attack on Woodward's house prior to it happening and sent a reporter and photographer to cover it.

Comment

The BBC thread and the Murdoch thread are coming together

[URL]https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/1226821873163481088?s=21[/URL]

Comment

And we're into the stage where they're not even pretending any more.

Comment

Working...
                          X