I wish I liked sea food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I liked sea food

Yeah its not one of my favourite things having to deshell a prawn at the dinner table, but nowhere near as difficult as trying to deshell a lobster,

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

I like prawns in their shells because the shells give off a delicious smell when cooked, and taste is mostly smell etc etc.

If faff is an issue (and I agree it is, especially when the little bastards are hot), the easiest way to eat shell-on prawns is probably butterflied. I like to soak them in olive oil laced with garlic, chilli and lime and then barbecue them or do them on a ridged grill.

But basically I'm with hobbes: fried shell-on in olive oil with garlic added at the end is the way to go, and damn the faff. For added ponciness, serve in a cazuela.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

Underwhelmed is probably the right word for lobster, tho i did prepare it myself and my culinary skillz are questionable.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

Found another appropriate team mentioned in last month's WSC: Oyster Martyrs.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

At tailgates, we cook the shrimp/prawns in beer and Old Bay. Tasty.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

TonTon wrote:
              I love big ones. I do prefer to be served things actually ready to eat...

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

hobbes wrote:
                O
                4. Crayfish
                CRAWFISH, DAMMIT!!

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

I'm not sure I have yet tried swimming critters, either from fresh or sea water that I have not liked.

Something not very popular in the UK but worth trying is perch filets.

I just had a salad with smoked salmon, lots of it as the big pack was the same price as the small one. Skye smoked salmon...raaaaaaaaaah!

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

These (percebes) are evil-looking little blighters:

I went to Madeira this week and had this other evil-looking blighter (or at least a bit of one):

... with banana, of all things. Delish.

Peixe espada (scabbard fish). A metre and a half long. One restaurant quaintly translated it as 'scabbed fish' ... which might just have removed some of the appeal if you didn't know.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

That Barramundi stuff they do in Australia is blinding. The chips are crap though.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

Femme Folle wrote:

CRAWFISH, DAMMIT!!
                        Not'n round these here parts.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

Ah man, I'd fucking kill for a fish finger sarnie right now.

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

EIM, have you ever tried pasta with ketchup with fish fingers on top...?

Comment

I wish I liked sea food

(I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, but...)

Do you think Rogin will be contributing to this thread tomorrow morning?

(Sorry! Sorry!)

Comment

Working...
                              X