No announcement yet.

Annoying New York Times articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What nonsense. A phone is for telling the time. A laptop is for making phone calls.

Comment

it's not the New York Times, it's Vogue

https://twitter.com/ayeletw/status/1379870395868672000?s=20

on the other hand it is very annoying

Comment

33 photos!

Comment

"Biden Should Finish the Wall... Or the next Trump will."

Hhahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

hahahaahahahahahah

ahahahahahaha

oh my jaysus

Even McConnell is like damn, that's some mental gymnastics.

Comment

FT rather than NYT, but about New York and just as annoying. This is the pull quote:
            But why not think bigger, as my children and I did on a recent evening. How about train cars that offer all-you-can-eat sushi on rotating conveyor belts, or are fitted with Peloton bikes? How about restoring the bar car, but updated by someone like restaurateur Danny Meyer?
            I don't know, maybe because there's not enough space as it is, nor money. How about we get adequate ventilation before we start thinking about fucking sushi.

Comment

We've done sushi on model trains, though now I can't recall if it was here or in San Francisco.

We've also done sushi on plastic boats floating in a shallow trough.

The sushi at any place that relies on such gimmicks is guaranteed to be substandard.

Comment

I think 90% of people would welcome the bar car coming back. Fewer if it involved Danny Meyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                  FT rather than NYT, but about New York and just as annoying. This is the pull quote:

I don't know, maybe because there's not enough space as it is, nor money. How about we get adequate ventilation before we start thinking about fucking sushi.
                  This is the premise of Snowpiercer.

Comment

Certainly in the beforetimes the Southeastern rush hour service did resemble the Tail.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      We've done sushi on model trains, though now I can't recall if it was here or in San Francisco.

We've also done sushi on plastic boats floating in a shallow trough.

The sushi at any place that relies on such gimmicks is guaranteed to be substandard.
                      Kura, a big conveyor belt sushi chain, isn't amazing sushi but it's good and affordable. It's as good as most regular neighborhood sushi places around me, with the conveyor belt novelty that entertains the kids, and with the pay-by-plate model, we end up paying as much or less for a meal than at other restaurants.

Comment

There's a place in SF that uses slot cars to bring sushi to your table, my sister likes to take her kids there.

Comment

Irish Ambassador to the USA complains to NYT over Paul Krugman calling Ireland " Leprechauns " regularly in his articles.

Comment

Not the times, but still one of the worst takes imaginable.
                            https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jes...-be-privatized

The twitter ratio was impressive.

The formal rebuttal.
                            https://nationalpost.com/opinion/uh-...to-jesse-kline

Comment

Without city parks how would we have had "The Warriors"?

Philistines.

Comment

This was supposedly printed in the Spectator two years ago:-

https://twitter.com/pdkmitchell/status/1139542216790220800/photo/1

Comment

A widely derided NYT piece on the cycling revolution in Paris, whose main arguments against cycling seem to be that cyclists might get hurt; and which uses terms like jaywalking which don't really make sense in France.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/02/w...es-france.html

Comment

Because, yeah, Paris with a lot of cars was really organised.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                      A widely derided NYT piece on the cycling revolution in Paris, whose main arguments against cycling seem to be that cyclists might get hurt; and which uses terms like jaywalking which don't really make sense in France.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/02/w...es-france.html
                                      Interesting how the article complains about cyclists as causing chaos, then at the end pivots to dangers they face and talk about a death after a cyclist was struck by a driver...and never covers the dangers that cars and trucks cause, or what role drivers play in collisions.

Comment

Always Be Both Sidesing is the NYT"s.real.motto

Comment

Except there's not even a side discussing motor vehicles.

Thread:

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1444527273298825220

Comment

It's sort of especially surprising as New York itself has responded to and changed quite a lot during the pandemic period, from what I've read – in terms of use of public space and al fresco dining, etc.

Comment

I'm shocked to hear that cyclists could behave badly.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                                It's sort of especially surprising as New York itself has responded to and changed quite a lot during the pandemic period, from what I've read – in terms of use of public space and al fresco dining, etc.
                                                This is true, but it is equally true that there is a VERY vocal minority who are constantly up in arms at these changes due to the fact that they have diminished the availability of their precious free parking spots.

Bike Lanes are a culture war issue in Manhattan south of 110th Street and the posher bits of Brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                  Except there's not even a side discussing motor vehicles.

Thread:

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1444527273298825220
                                                  It isn't "actual" sides, it's "both" sides in the eyes of NYT management (which are blinkered to an extraordinary sense)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    Bike Lanes are a culture war issue in Manhattan south of 110th Street and the posher bits of Brooklyn.
                                                    This is true in lots of places. At least in Manhattan there is the "excuse" of rare paved real estate. As I may have mentioned before, in Coronado - a flat tourist town perfect for cycling just over the bridge from San Diego, for those who don't know - the locals tried to have all the bike lanes removed because they "look ugly" and disfigure the roads.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X