Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brace ourselves? OTF Weather

Damn!

Without the archive I can't even address the OTF meteorologists by their names. (Sorry - forgotten! Yep, that's the thanks you get! ;o> )

However, I wanted to ask something, so I might as well start the 'weather' thread.

Basically, OTF's amateur meteos, does anyone have any idea what the weather is going to be like in mid-April? I'm heading to Sheffield (from West Surrey) for a few days from the 16th for some gigs and would like to do some 'exploring' (read 'scootering') while I'm up there. I'm going to head out into the Peaks, obviously, but hopefully also up to the Dales and the Lakes ...weather permitting.

So - any idea if the weather will be conducive to that, or are we explecting floods or blizzards around that time at all? I know it's some way off still, but the previous long-range predictions mentioned on here have have proved to be startlingly accurate, so I've come to trust them somewhat.

Thanks in advance,
    Evil Southerner

It will be changeable.

Comment

Has Croute made it to the new board?

I want to take him to task for his frequently exciting predictions about what's going to happen in the skies over our green and pleasant land. I mean, what do I pay my taxes for if the weather's going to be boring?

Come on Meteorologists, do better. Give us some real weather.

Comment

The 19th April in South Yorkshire will begin with a bright sunrise at around 6.35 am (BST), which will quickly warm the chill of the previous cold starlit night. Following a mostly bright and clear day (temperatures around 11 degrees Celsius, winds moderate frmo the north-east) at around 5pm the skies to the west will suddenly darken, as if in a total eclipse, as Sir Alex Ferguson reveals himself in his post-match interview, having steered Manchester United to a 10th Premiership title with a win over Blackburn, to be the one whose coming was predicted by St. John, The Spawn of Satan, the Lord of the Flies, the Antichrist. Fire and brimstone will hail down for around an hour, as the voice of Our Lord God will trumpet from the skies condemning sinners for their failure to repent. The rivers will run red with blood, and earthquakes will rend asunder the impure temples erected by unbelievers and heretics. Pedestrians are warned to be on the lookout for areas of unsure footing and falling masnory. Nightfall may cause some consternation as the stars will rearrange themselves in the sky to form the new constellations of the Whore of Babylon and her crown of ten stars, and drivers are advised to take particular care to avoid distraction, especially if crossing Snake Pass. At around 9pm the repented dead will rise from their graves to be taken up to the kingdom of heaven, while the unrepentant dead will be drawn up to become members of Sir Alex's army that will enslave sinners on earth for 1,000 years.

The 20th will be mostly drizzly, with a bit of a strong breeze from the north-west.

Comment

Croute has morphed into 1890

Comment

Heh!

Now, if you had said "The rivers will run red, white and black..." that would have been almost Wingco-like.

But thanks, though. I'll take me umbrella.

Comment

Working...
            X