Intrigue in the Canadian Parliament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrigue in the Canadian Parliament - 2011 edition

Rose DiManno: "What’s on the other one? Are we not to know? Because a few reporters have already been told by sources what its contents might be. If true, believe me, you ain’t seen nothing yet."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Reed John wrote: Reportedly, his approval rating is around 44%, about the same as Obama's in the U.S.
          Most of these numbers are based on entertainment value I reckon. Not that he doesn't have bedrock support in the burbs. In the presser he sounds borderline delusional, close to breaking point.

Comment

Not sure how valid this is, but this article says that he wouldn't win if he ran again now and that although he has a ridiculously high approval rating, about two-thirds of poll-respondents want him to resign.

http://globalnews.ca/news/946955/stintz-would-beat-rob-ford-in-head-to-head-mayoral-race-poll/

Comment

Ah, lovely. Thanks.

Despite my public rantings about gifs, I do enjoy that.

Comment

Comment

Media scrum assembling for imminent 'announcement'.

Comment

I'm watching this feed - http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=710809 - which has a reporter speaking to someone in a studio, but we don't hear the studio. And when she's not on the air, she's just staring at the camera. She's also said that her iPhone is only at 15% battery. Hope she pulls through!

Comment

Yeah, she's who I've been watching, too. A minute ago all the photographers were swapping rechargeable batteries with each other.

Comment

I think the blonde Newstalk 1010 girl is in love with me. She's signalling, but it's just between the two of us.

Comment

Some morbid speculation on Twitter that a Budd Dwyer moment could be coming.

Comment

No chance.

Comment

You'd certainly hope not.

Comment

He decided to wear an old NFL logo necktie (Houston Oilers? Bucco Bruce???) for this press conference.

Comment

WOM wrote:
                                  Originally posted by ursus arctos
                                  I really can't imagine what it must be like at your place of employment.
                                  I've yet to hear someone yell 'Stop the presses', but other than that...
                                  That's because they're in woodbridge, aren't they?

Comment

Christ, is this awful. What a dick.

Comment

Anton Gramscescu wrote:
                                      Originally posted by WOM
                                      Originally posted by ursus arctos
                                      I really can't imagine what it must be like at your place of employment.
                                      I've yet to hear someone yell 'Stop the presses', but other than that...
                                      That's because they're in woodbridge, aren't they?
                                      Look, I'm trying to paint a picture here...

Comment

Reporters literally laughing out loud at the end of his press conference as his stumbles away

Comment

What did he say?

Comment

The laughter was when he finished his empty platitudes and said "God bless the city of Toronto / people of Toronto". Couldn't tell which. It was a steaming hot mound of nothing.

Comment

Ten minutes of "I'm really, really, really, really, really really sorry. Now back to business. I'm not going anywhere."

Comment

Best mayor ever.

Comment

Vaughan: "Ford Nation is a failed state". True, but right there is why Vaughan ain't ever becoming mayor.

Comment

Hey Adam, here's a microphone; say something regrettable.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X