No announcement yet.

julian assange in private eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can he be extradited before his UK sentence expires?

Comment

I'm sure they'll be able to arrange something.

Comment

This new indictment is profoundly troubling for the reasons outlined in this piece. I do, however, wonder if those issues could make the extradition decision more difficult for the UK. That said, I fear that a Johnson government would eagerly deliver him personally.

[URL]https://twitter.com/sulliview/status/1131669744510296069?s=21[/URL]

Comment

The Swedes have dropped their prosecution, so I'm afraid that extradition is back on the front burner.

Comment

Yeah, I just came to note that he has got away with it. The bastard.

Comment

Whether one dislikes Assange (and I do) one should still have concerns about his extradition to the US and for the treatment of Chelsea Manning who is being fined daily for refusing to testify against Assange for publishing evidence of A US massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                Whether one dislikes Assange (and I do) one should still have concerns about his extradition to the US and for the treatment of Chelsea Manning who is being fined daily for refusing to testify against Assange for publishing evidence of A US massacre.
                This. The ideal scenario here would have seen him prosecuted for rape in Sweden rather than journalism in the US. The actual outcome is really really bad.

Comment

Indeed, the rapist should have faced the rape charges, but that doesn't mean the US should get him. The piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                    Indeed, the rapist should have faced the rape charges, but that doesn't mean the US should get him. The piece of shit.
                    Maybe he should have faced charges and then be called a rapist, rather than the other way round.

Comment

No.

Comment

It would be much more difficult for him to have been extradited from Sweden to the US whatever happened, than from the UK. My heart pumps piss for his current predicament.

Comment

Absolutely - could not give a flying fuck for him and his circumstances. But he shouldn't be extradited to the US.

Comment

Guys, he was never going to Sweden. Nobody who matters cares if he raped someone.

Comment

Sadly, we knew he wasn't going to Sweden to answer rape charges when he skipped bail to avoid going to Sweden to answer rape charges and hid out in an embassy for years to avoid going to Sweden to answer rape charges.

Comment

So, the latest is that he's no longer in solitary at Belmarsh Prison. Which I guess is a good thing.

Comment

The trial is on, as I'm sure we all know, and first Amnesty, and now Reporters without Borders have been excluded from monitoring proceedings. This stinks to high heaven

Comment

Yes and the very few people able to report have been reporting some very disturbing shenanigans.

especially from the Magistrate Vanessa Baraitser

James Doleman for example

Comment

Working...
                                    X