Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sits
    replied
    They’re the best, when they’re unintended. Nice shot.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    I've tried for ages to get a decent snap of a bird in flight and failed every time. On the way back from my walk this afternoon a gull flew over and perched atop a lamp post. I thought it looked quite nice there so pointed the camera at it and clicked, at which point it decided to go elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Ducking and diving

They have similar shaped heads to the eider

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Yes, that or some sort of two headed mutant curlew, out of its depth.

So probably the duck diving, then.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    I see what you mean. Characters.

What’s this?

I wondered the same. At a guess it's diving, and its feet are upper left and right.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    I see what you mean. Characters.

What’s this?

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Surf Scoters are about in the bay. Very colourful, and quite odd looking especially when they open their beaks (see second pic)

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    What do you call a group of cormorants? You normally see one if you are lucky. Today there were about twenty.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    The pink footed geese have been poking about the fields just inland from us all day, and several thousand have just decided to head out onto the sands as the tide recedes. This is a tiny percentage of the noisy honking hordes as they flew over me.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    This seems the best thread in which to post this:

https://twitter.com/ingham_mal/status/1317783924525989889

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Ms F gets tweets from local birders so we made an effort to go to St Mary’s Island last week to see newly-arrived goldcrests.

Often these sightings are by obsessives with telescopes who get up at 5 am but we were easily able to see them with basic binoculars cos there were 250(!) of them

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    If you get really lucky you can occasionally spot a White Bellied Sea Eagle down on the creek near here.

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Went to the North Harris eagle observatory at Glen Mevaig the other week Golden Eagle spotting. No dice there, but saw a white tailed eagle twice. Ended up seeing a Golden Eagle at Glen Strathfarrar later in the week. I fucking love eagles, me.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    They’re great. That will be a noisy scene.

I’m awaiting the sound of our first cuckoos, and predicting the 27th for both varieties: Channel-Billed Cuckoo and Common Koel. I will report.
    One out of two: heard a Common Koel on this evening’s dog walk. No cure for them, you know.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Everything's kids are cute. The Houston family had Muscovy ducks living all around their neighbourhood. There'd be half a dozen or so of them hanging out by the front door when we got home, like a local crew. Wouldn't move even if you asked politely. Scary bastards, almost as bad as racoons.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Their kids are cute. I can't face eating duck.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Muscovy ducks are nasty buggers aren't they? Don't taste very good either apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    They’re great. That will be a noisy scene.

I’m awaiting the sound of our first cuckoos, and predicting the 27th for both varieties: Channel-Billed Cuckoo and Common Koel. I will report.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    That's an entire soviet . . .

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Muscovy ducks in our garden (2nd attempt to post)

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The local canal has two adult mute swans and nine cygnets - unusual for that many to survive into near-adulthood without some predation, but they're brown enough yet that the cob hasn't hunted them away.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Vulturexit.

https://twitter.com/Derbyshirebirds/status/1307711903133769729

Leave a comment:

Working...
X