Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goose of the day ...

Comment

Cranes could nest successfully in Ireland for the first time in 300 years - their close relatives, herons, are known in Irish as corr reisc, or marsh crane, which indicates that the rarer species was indigenous formerly.

Comment

This pair turned up on our street today.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
          This pair turned up on our street today.
          Odd - when I quote you, the image link is there, but no picture is displaying? Edit - now showing in my post!

Comment

A couple of recent shots. I think the duck is a goldeneye albeit without a golden eye.

Comment

I think your second one is a Goosander AH.

Comment

It is definitely a goosander- saw one on the river in Annan last week and looked it up

Comment

You know, I'd identified a goosander on the far bank of the river where I took the picture, with its distinctive russet brown head. I didn't realise the sexes were different colours.

Comment

Son and his fiancee are now way out in western NSW on their road trip, near Bourke.

Mallee Ringnecks:

Comment

And... well you can probably guess:

Comment

No photo as I only spotted it after it started flying away, but I had a red-tailed hawk in my back yard yesterday morning.

Comment

If black cab drivers were ornithologists.

Comment

At the risk of inducing a Barclay James Harvest earworm, there's a mockingbird that likes to sit up on the telephone poles near my house and, boy, is it loud. It did make me laugh when it took a break from its usual repertoire of car alarms to quack back at the local ducks.

Comment

Never got this close to a Heron before..

Can't fail to get that perfect 'lift off' shot..

Arse.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Buailtin/status/1415621244498714625

Comment

https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1416298251133849601

Comment

A boat trip to Skomer Island off the Pembrokeshire Coast yesterday, where a cheeky Herring Gull hitched a lift on Mrs Slacks Tilley Hat.

Comment

Skomer is one of the best seabird sanctuaries in the UK, but the star of the show is undoubtedly the puffins

Comment

Cracking photos, Slacks.

Comment

EIM to thread.

Comment

Now we're talking. Hope it visits the vulture caravan in the Peaks.

Comment

Red Kites above the A1 in North Yorkshire just by Scotch Corner. I had no idea they’d gone that far north.

Comment

Comment

OK, so I could upload the above scrub jay photo from my phone no problem, but when trying to upload one immediately afterwards on the Urban Wildlife Tales thread I get a different interface and it won't let me upload.

Comment

After several tries I get the same interface, and I can upload it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X