Clear All

https://twitter.com/drbirdcast/status/1302059876416401408?s=21

Comment

One result of those conditions

https://twitter.com/birdcentralpark/status/1302072364683980801

Normally unknown east of Colorado in the US

Comment

Comment

Not my photo but my daughter’s. She and some friends went up the coast to Port Stephens at the weekend, and not everyone was distancing at the barbecues:

Comment

Muscovy ducks in our yard

Comment

Those winds were really strong, eh?

Comment

I can’t see the ducks.

Comment

Vulturexit.

https://twitter.com/Derbyshirebirds/status/1307711903133769729

Comment

The local canal has two adult mute swans and nine cygnets - unusual for that many to survive into near-adulthood without some predation, but they're brown enough yet that the cob hasn't hunted them away.

Comment

Muscovy ducks in our garden (2nd attempt to post)

Comment

That's an entire soviet . . .

Comment

They’re great. That will be a noisy scene.

I’m awaiting the sound of our first cuckoos, and predicting the 27th for both varieties: Channel-Billed Cuckoo and Common Koel. I will report.

Comment

Muscovy ducks are nasty buggers aren't they? Don't taste very good either apparently.

Comment

Their kids are cute. I can't face eating duck.

Comment

Everything's kids are cute. The Houston family had Muscovy ducks living all around their neighbourhood. There'd be half a dozen or so of them hanging out by the front door when we got home, like a local crew. Wouldn't move even if you asked politely. Scary bastards, almost as bad as racoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                  They’re great. That will be a noisy scene.

I’m awaiting the sound of our first cuckoos, and predicting the 27th for both varieties: Channel-Billed Cuckoo and Common Koel. I will report.
                                  One out of two: heard a Common Koel on this evening’s dog walk. No cure for them, you know.

Comment

Went to the North Harris eagle observatory at Glen Mevaig the other week Golden Eagle spotting. No dice there, but saw a white tailed eagle twice. Ended up seeing a Golden Eagle at Glen Strathfarrar later in the week. I fucking love eagles, me.

Comment

If you get really lucky you can occasionally spot a White Bellied Sea Eagle down on the creek near here.

Comment

Comment

Ms F gets tweets from local birders so we made an effort to go to St Mary’s Island last week to see newly-arrived goldcrests.

Often these sightings are by obsessives with telescopes who get up at 5 am but we were easily able to see them with basic binoculars cos there were 250(!) of them

Comment

Fantastic.

Comment

This seems the best thread in which to post this:

https://twitter.com/ingham_mal/status/1317783924525989889

Comment

The pink footed geese have been poking about the fields just inland from us all day, and several thousand have just decided to head out onto the sands as the tide recedes. This is a tiny percentage of the noisy honking hordes as they flew over me.

Comment

What do you call a group of cormorants? You normally see one if you are lucky. Today there were about twenty.

Comment

Surf Scoters are about in the bay. Very colourful, and quite odd looking especially when they open their beaks (see second pic)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X