The Jewish section at Tesco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you gonna do that without looking like some kind of crank?

This sort of thing is exactly what internet message boards were invented for.

Comment

No, you're thinking of 'try to cop off with people who are as, or more, desperate for sexual intercourse then yourself'.

What's cranky about asking why aisles don't have labels? They'd probably send you off a few coupons if they thought you were disgruntled.

Comment

No. I'd end up on some sort of register.

Comment

A kosher register (cash register).

Comment

How are you gonna do that without looking like some kind of crank?
            Email the press department! So it's not really your field. Doesn't matter.

Comment

I've become a regular buyer of some of Tesco's more exotic selections, amongst other things, various nut and nougat bars from Greece, aloe vera drinks from Korea, a kind of chocolate cake with plum filling from Slovakia (I think) and a chinese "candied milk sweet" from China called "White Rabbit", the inner wrapper is made of startch which you can eat.

Comment

My Safeway in Northern California kept UK goods listed under "Ethnic".

What was on the shelves?

Most Canadian supermarkets carry an ever-diminishing selection of British food to cater to the ever-diminishing number of ex-pats who can't survive without HP Sauce and real marmalade, but the US is surely not under the same constraint.

Comment

As a follow-up to this, I must report that the big Edgbaston branch of Tesco, near Five Ways roundabout in Birmingham, has a very big, and very clearly-marked, Kosher section (with Hebrew subtitle).

Not only that, but there's a big corner-display of Rakusen's Superfine Matzos ("kosher prepared for passover!"), reduced from 99p to 10p a box.

So, clearly, these decisions must be made on a region-by-region, or even store-by-store basis.

Comment

Working...
                  X