X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
    I've just tuned into the docking and caught this massive bloody speech about how amazing they all are and how amazing SpaceX is.

Is this a case of the Emporer's new clothes? I mean the Russians have been doing this mundanely over the past decade.

And their suits are shit. Especially the wellies.
    True, but if a commercial enterprise can do this regularly and routinely, it should accelerate the pace of exploration, not having the same distractions and funding concerns as national governments.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Docked with ISS 10 minutes early. Live stream is at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZsnKGV8TE

Due to open the hatch at 17.45 and a welcome ceremony at 18.15 (Both UK time.)

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    I've just tuned into the docking and caught this massive bloody speech about how amazing they all are and how amazing SpaceX is.

Is this a case of the Emporer's new clothes? I mean the Russians have been doing this mundanely over the past decade.

And their suits are shit. Especially the wellies.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    https://twitter.com/OrRite_Then/status/1266812032461963266

The absolute fucking state of this macho macho man. Is that a hand or has he just seen a mouse? They're playing you can't always get what you want at the end of his speech.
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 30-05-2020, 21:53.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/1266810744802349064

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by Levin View Post
    It all looks very sci-fi compared to soyuz and STS.
    Towards the end of the Shuttle program they were sourcing parts from eBay.

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
    Just watched the launch with the kids. They were really excited by it, though daughter has now revised her previous plan to be an astronaut having realised the possibility of the rocket exploding. To quote her "I thought being an astronaut would be easier."
    Well, my reply seems pretty trite after G-Man's post there, but my son was into it and pretty excited. My daughter wandered over, watched the first 30 seconds of the launch before declaring it boring and heading off again.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    I realise that the South African fellow planned his Spacex project long before coronavirus and the murder of George Floyd. Still, with the take-off today, I can't shake the memory of Gil Scott-Heron.

Leave a comment:

replied
    By the time she is old enough to be an astronaut, it won't be that dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    Just watched the launch with the kids. They were really excited by it, though daughter has now revised her previous plan to be an astronaut having realised the possibility of the rocket exploding. To quote her "I thought being an astronaut would be easier."

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    It all looks very sci-fi compared to soyuz and STS.

Leave a comment:

replied
    hah, levin beat me to it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    six minutes to launch. It should be visible about three or four minutes after that.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMsvr55cTZ0

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    T - 7 minutes

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    20.22 UK time on Saturday is, I believe, the rescheduled launch.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Ah, nuts.

Leave a comment:

replied
    It seems like it's going ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    https://twitter.com/IrishCoastGuard/status/1265712637335265280

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Launch stream has started. 50/50 it's a scrub, apparently, as the weather is iffy.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Update briefing just streamed

Leave a comment:

replied
    It's highly unlikely to be televised, because a) there's not going to be that much to see. And b) there's a really good chance that this is going to be delayed and delayed, because they need for there to be good weather, simultaneously at all the places there the capsule might land in the event of an abort.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    They usually are, if you mean livestreamed, so I don't see why not

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Is the SpaceX launch on Wednesday night going to be televised? I was kind of hoping that in 2020 part of it would be live cams both internal and external that we could watch the whole journey from launchpad to ISS, including the orbits to rendezvous.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    ISS due to pass over in approximately 5 minutes, but sky almost completely overcast here in Ireland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X