It's the constipation I can't stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, when I had those kidney stones last month, Percoset was a frigging gift. But...oooohhhhhhh...the side effects.

Too right. I once spent two weeks on dihydrocodeine and it was like trying to shit a rugby ball.

Comment

Sharing can be a wonderful thing, WOM.

Just not necessarily so.

Comment

Constipation? I've suffered. And I mean fucking suffered. There have been times when I've needed a close friend with a corkscrew and a foot on each buttock.
        [/Frank skinner]

Comment

WOM, you're full of shit.

What? Somebody had to complete this thread.

Comment

Hobbes, as someone famed for his love of Stella, I'm suprised at you.

Whenever I hit the Stella you can't stop them from practically falling out by themselves.

The Stella binges are less frequent these days and seem to hit even harder when they happen now.

Comment

Constipation is alright by me. It gets a bad press. The way I see it, it just means one less thing to do every day. Bargain.

Comment

Whoa...back up a minute...

Comment

I wish I could help, hobbes, but I'm afraid I don't have a foot on each buttock.

Comment

Keep practicing the Yoga, Purves. You'll get there in the end.

Comment

Actually on that Stella vibe, I saw an ad the other day that says Stella is brewed to the reinheitsgebot (or it's equivalent.) So it's not the chemical sludge all you beardy soup drinkers make it out to be.
                      And it's brewed for 6-11 days longer than the average lager too.
                      It truly is the beer of champions.

Comment

The lager championship is the UEFA cup of beers.

Comment

I would also like to say that I couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to, a source of great annoyance to me as I always wanted to do so, especially when I was playing prop at the College of Law. Bearded front rowers are where it's at.

Plus, of course, being a probate solicitor mutton chops are practically compulsory.

Comment

Stella is brewed under licence over here and is foul - the actual Belgian stuff is nicer, less sweet, and with no added wifebeating chemicals.

Comment

Beards suck ass. They're for paedophiles to hide behind. The unabomber, Manson and the BTK killer had beards. Plus, they make young guys look old.

Comment

WOM, don't they have hipster beards in Toronto yet?

Comment

Oh, yeah. We've got most of your big-city stuff here; the homeless, musical theatre, assorted beards. Hell, I've even got a little soul patch going myself. But beards? Proper beards? For freaks, and this new bunch of musicians trying to look like prog-rockers who were big before they were born.

Comment

I'd like to point out that I'm not judging. Just saying. You know.

Comment

Stella is brewed under licence over here
                                      Yes it is
                                      and is foul
                                      No it's not
                                      the actual Belgian stuff is nicer, less sweet, and with no added wifebeating chemicals.
                                      The only difference is the water source. They don't add anything different in the UK otherwise they wouldn't be able to advertise as only containing 4 ingredients.

Like I said, this "chemical beer" thing is a total misconception.

Comment

Shut your mouth, you.

Mainly to WOM. I've not read Hobbes's post yet, but my reply is there if you need it.

Comment

My issue was with soup drinkers rather than men with beards. It just happens that they're synonymous (in my mind.)

Comment

Shut your mouth, you.
                                            That's your beard-wearer anger for you. Not too long before you're killing someone or flying to Thailand for a date.

Comment

I can't grow a beard because I can never tolerate that intermediate itchy stage.

Besides, my facial hair has a fair amount of gray in it, so a beard would really make me look old, which I don't want.

Comment

Comment

hobbes wrote:
                                                  Actually on that Stella vibe, I saw an ad the other day that says Stella is brewed to the reinheitsgebot (or it's equivalent.) So it's not the chemical sludge all you beardy soup drinkers make it out to be.
                                                  And it's brewed for 6-11 days longer than the average lager too.
                                                  It truly is the beer of champions.
                                                  Still about 2 weeks too short! I had some while I was off work after my accident, last week, in the absence of any other drinks at my local corner shop. I made sure it was super-cold but still, the moment its temperature started to creep up, it just tasted vile and sickly. Of course, I had to make sure this effect was minimised, by drinking each one very quickly - thus, the desired effect was ultimately still the same.

Actually, I reckon that if they brewed it for absolutely ages, so every last bit of ...whatever the sickly-tasting element is was turned to alcohol, then it might well taste good ...and be absolutely devastating, to boot. What I want to know is how come it (Stella) can taste how it does, but Budvar is absolutely great?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X