The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Good grief, Clare Short has just used the word "mongol" on Radio 4 and had to be upbraided. Mind you, Peter Hitchens used the phrase "politically correct". I don't know which is worse

Comment

The WTF? Thread

In Ghost in the Shell most everyone's eyes are cybernetic and jacked into the internet and satellite info, which is great except that that means your enemies can hack into it and deceive you by feeding your eyes false information.

That's the future too.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I want to see a video of someone wearing the Google glasses (it's inevitable that these will be called Google Goggles, isn't it?) muttering "Sarah Connor?" as he walks down the street.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Nanny steals USD 600 from her charges' wallets.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"Books" created by pasting Wiki articles.

s it turns out, Celebrities With Big Dicks, like the rest of Rasmussen's editorial oeuvre — including Motorboating the Big Tits of Female Athletes like Gina Carano, Serena Williams, Malia Jones, Katarina Witt, and More ("Valuable life lessons," reads one customer review) and Neurotic Jews Who Will Become Zombies like Woody Allen, Barbra Streisand, Howard Stern, and More ("Hollywood is full of neurotic Jews that are loved throughout the world and will probably be just as lovable when they become zombies during the apocalypse") — is published, in some sense, by BiblioLabs, a professional and well-regarded "hybrid media-technology company" in South Carolina specializing in print-on-demand and digital books, and the platforms used to create and consume them.
              Bonus "curate" abuse!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Mmm...that's good content!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Lambert Surhone is being given a run for his money.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Worn Old Motorbike wrote:
                    Last week, an elderly woman visiting her dying husband in a Niagara Region hospital fell in the hallway on the ward, breaking her hip. Staff nurses told her that they were 'not allowed' to pick her up, and that she should call 911.

The ambulance attendants arrived at the ward 1/2 hour later and took her down to emergency and admitted her. That's WTF #1.

WTF #2 was yesterday, when they had the hospital president/ administrator/ chief on the phone with the CBC. He said, and I quote, "This is one of those incidents where all the holes in the Swiss cheese lined up in an unfortunate way."

I sincerely hope he's writing his CV tomorrow.
                    Re: above.

I'm laying in bed last night reading an article on medical errors in the latest Walrus magazine, and I came across this: "James Reason, a British psychologist specializing in human error, has dubbed this "the Swiss cheese model," in which small, individual weaknesses line up like holes in Swiss cheese to create a full system failure."

So, that clears that up. Doesn't do much to explain why a hospital administrator would go on-air with a bit of phrasing that absolutely nobody outside of his field could make heads or tails of, though.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Must confess I'm as confused by the Swiss cheese analogy as I am by the request for the woman to ring 911.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Woman interrupts news report shot set-up in Chicago by asking for directions and hocking loogies all over the place:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I . . . erm . . . uh . . . I really don't know what to say. Wow.

And: that poor kid!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Trayvon Martin gun range targets.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote:
                                  Fucks sake.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Even more fucked up to me because it's so similar to a piece of street art that went up in LA protesting Trayvon Martin's killing:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Linked without comment as there are no words.

(It's a "woman speaking out against a LGBT rights ordinance in Lincoln, Nebraska")

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Again, fucks sake.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Brunislaw wrote:
                                          Linked without comment as there are no words.

(It's a "woman speaking out against a LGBT rights ordinance in Lincoln, Nebraska")
                                          That is absolutely hilarious.

Need some punishment?
                                          Got an appointment?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ma...by-appointment

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Kodak had a nuclear reactor in the basement of its headquarters.

Kodak may be going under, but apparently they could have started their own nuclear war if they wanted, just six years ago. Down in a basement in Rochester, NY, they had a nuclear reactor loaded with 3.5 pounds of enriched uranium—the same kind they use in atomic warheads.

But why did Kodak have a hidden nuclear reactor loaded with weapons-grade uranium? And how did they get permission to own it, let alone install it in a basement in the middle of a densely populated city?

Nobody really knows.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That one takes some beating.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hmmm, they're just demolishing the Kodak building that's about half-a-mile away from where I live. I seriously hope that they don't find anything similar...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I only follow this thread intermittently, so apologies if this has been posted before.

Tokyo transsexual serves own severed genitals for dinner to paying customers.

Warning: linked article includes pictures.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Dazu ein guter Wein
                                                    Und zarter Kerzenschein
                                                    Ja, da lass ich mir Zeit
                                                    Etwas Kultur muss sein!

Denn Du bist was du isst
                                                    Und Ihr wisst, was es ist!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X