The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Must be an erroneous link. That article is from 2017 and about something completely different.
    Hence my Confusion.

Comment

The recent comments were from Sage Steele

Hill was among those who criticised her

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...accine-mandate
      Last edited by ursus arctos; 29-04-2022, 18:37.

Comment

Sorry, my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
          About three hours earlier than an Irish wedding finishes up, then:

https://twitter.com/NiecyOKeeffe/status/1517596337944027143
          Clearly never been to a wedding in the North of England, where the partying usually stops some point the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            The recent comments were from Sage Steele.

Hill was among those who criticised her

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...accine-mandate
            Yes, I heard this story.

As had been mentioned before, it is impossible to grow up in the west with visible black ancestry and not have been given the negro treatment at least 100 times in your life. Even growing up with the white side of your family, it will become clear very quickly how you are treated differently from the white members of your family. Additionally, you will probably notice how the white members of your family will be treated once it is clear they are related to you.

From my experience, when a black person says they are something else or black and something else, what they are basically saying is, "I am harmless" and are trying to curry favour with the dominant society.

This is why whenever you see someone who identifies as something else and is given a platform, it's not long before you see them talking shit about or taking shots at black society in general (and black men in particular).
            Of course, when they are no longer useful to the white Supremacists and are tossed out (White Supremacy always breaks their tools when they are done with them) they quickly rediscover their blackness and start to play the race card.

Comment

Good post. Well put.

Comment

That's entertainment: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-61412523

Comment

"We've apologised, but how many times do you have to say sorry ". Well that's one more than you're typical Tory does.

Comment

Man clinging to tree above 100 foot drop into Devil's Arse cavern causes abandonment of John Shuttleworth concert.

Comment

https://twitter.com/marcusbarnett_/status/1528316864241205249

Comment

Imagine thinking it was a good idea to share that.

Comment

Scottish Tories are all freaks or perverts, nothing surprises me with them.

Comment

The specificity of the ages is what makes it grim. And his hat.

Comment

When did the Scots take Preston?

Comment

His Twitter bio self-describes as Highlander.

Comment

Presumably you give equal credence to his claim of being the Thunderdome of Ideas

Comment

Of course.

Comment

What's the owl emoji about? If the fash are trying to muscle in on owl imagery I'm afraid that's a step too far

Comment

Owls are as fash as eagles. Kestrels are the only politically sound birds of prey.

Comment

Owls are, supposedly, really dumb.

The icon of intellect should be a crow.

Comment

Crows are great. I wish they'd get all the gulls to fuck off in our estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                              Owls are, supposedly, really dumb.
                                              Supposed by whom?

Comment

It’s one of those “actually, scientists say” things one reads in the places one reads that kind of thing.

It appears that their brains are small and a huge part of it is devoted to the drivers that run their senses, to use a software analogy I barely understand myself.

But this reckons they aren’t quite that dumb.
                                                https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-actually-wise

But corvids use tools, solve problems, recognize faces, will bring people shiny things in exchange for food.
                                                https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-s...ght-180976970/
                                                Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 22-05-2022, 17:32.

Comment

I was back home in Cahir for a funeral just there, and I discovered that someone has named a new housing development Sraid na gCuach. Now this is historically accurate. On the other side of the street (the road out of cahir towards Tipperary Town) up until about 1960, there was a long row of really shitty cottages called Sraid na gCuach. Now, Cahir had a massie army barracks in it. And where you have a massive army Barracks, you also have, er, ancillary services, and such services were to be found in Sraid na gCuach. The thing is, I suspect a lot of people who live there don't speak Irish, because then they would know that they lived on Cuckold Street.

There are worse though I suppose. In Dromcolliher, where my dad grew up, there was a laneway called Bothrin Cac na mBan. It sounds beautiful, but it literally means "The Laneway where women go to shit"
                                                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 23-05-2022, 00:40.

Comment

No wonder hypothetical Spaniards love to go to Ireland on Erasmus grants

Comment

Working...
                                                    X