No announcement yet.

The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar to the Wall Street administrative staff who live in the Poconos or Lehigh Valley (more than 100 miles to our west)

Comment

Life is too short.

Comment

I don't need to tell you how eager those people are to "return to the office"
        Their lives have been completely transformed by not spending up to five hours commuting. every work day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

This appears to be the story.

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...ed-a-viral-hit

This is a helpful comment.

This advert was a perfect balance of what Regina offers. All the bells & whistles of what a bigger city offers but played in a flat key.
          They missed out the Roughriders though. Ya gotta have the Roughies if you're talking up Regina.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            I don't need to tell you how eager those people are to "return to the office"
            Their lives have been completely transformed by not spending up to five hours commuting. every work day.
            Five hours. Fucking hell. I've a friend spends three hours each day travelling back and forth by bus from a Tipperary hellhole to a Dublin warehouse hellhole, but 5 hours, fuck sake.

One poor lad in our office moved back to Donegal during the pandemic, only the recent spike in cases here has saved him (for now) from having to pay a grand a month for a Dublin shoebox room so he can pointlessly show his face twice a week. I wouldn't like to see any fucker even attempt a Donegal to Dublin commute.

Comment

On a bus? The luxury! The poor bastards we're talking about are generally driving for 2 and a half hours each way in miserable thick bumper-to-bumper traffic without even a chance to read a book.

Comment

Most of the people I know who live in the Poconos or Lehigh Valley do take a bus, but often have to drive several miles in the dark to catch it.

There was a New York Times piece a few years ago about people who commuted by train from the Central Valley to San Francisco, which takes something like three hours each way because of speed restrictions and required changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Tis the season

That's wonderful. I think my favourite bit is "patrotic".

I bet all their kids end up moving out of state and cutting them off.

Comment

I kind of admire them in a way. We're probably going to risk dinner in a very "variable" restaurant with outdoor seating on Halloween just to avoid the fucking wee shites begging for sweeties who are just this side of me getting a live wire out of the electricity box they sit on just by our living room window making tonnes of annoying as fuck chatter/inept bouncing of fitba/staring in at us with blank eyed witlessness. The fucking wee bastards, you're eleven, start drinking on the beach like the cool girls in your class or something. It's Balbriggan ffs.
                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 22-10-2021, 23:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

That's wonderful. I think my favourite bit is "patrotic".

I bet all their kids end up moving out of state and cutting them off.
                      I would go back home to get TP so my kids could TP their house for that.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1452587817398415361?t=hdaleBpFpP4h2SQM-vEXpg&s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/TypicalBlue_24/status/1452538100928991236?t=Kpn76IocQiyjLc2Jq10cdg&s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/WalesOnline/status/1452632406255620096?t=y7KVdYefs4TQTps421C1Vg&s=19

Might just be me, but I don't think that dog shows any remorse.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1452704524603363333

Comment

^ Proper, genuine lol at that!

Comment

ha ha ha, that is just brilliant! The quiz host's face when the contestant first said "I know he likes donuts", and the penny dropped, was just priceless.

Comment

What show is that from?

Comment

Tipping Point, apparently.

Comment

Oh boy. It gets better.

https://twitter.com/shinystaffnurse/status/1452678235783897091?s=20

Comment

Of course the proper answer is tinned rice pudding.

Comment

You've just reminded me of another disgusting food product.

Comment

Whenever people complain about modern TV, the absence of channels meant that Irish people were reduced to Mr Bean, and Tom Bosley's Fr Brown rip-off (the producers couldn't get the rights to Chesterton's stories, so invented their own priestly sleuth).

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

Whenever people complain about modern TV, the absence of channels meant that Irish people were reduced to Mr Bean, and Tom Bosley's Fr Brown rip-off (the producers couldn't get the rights to Chesterton's stories, so invented their own priestly sleuth).
                                                There's a reason why everyone went to the pub, or watched the BBC/ ITV

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                  Of course the proper answer is tinned rice pudding.
                                                  Yes!

Comment

Fuck sake Aldi.

https://www.aldi.ie/little-town-wood...07146529724502

This adorable set will help your little ones develop social skills and give them ideas of new hobbies later on. With everything they need to become an influencer...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X