• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    I don’t know. It’s hidden.
    Haha.

Comment

Part of it will be that they want to create a "he left his homeland in an orange crate with nothing" mythology, and revealing that he's left millions in his will, will dent that somewhat.

Comment

Nice punctuation between the wills.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          I found that astounding as well

I can't fathom who would think this makes the Royals look better
          Someone expecting it to go complete unreported and unremarked upon, as has apparently been the case for every other Royal will dating back over a century?

Comment

That would at best be neutral

Given that some/most of the assets concerned derived from the public purse, the secrecy does seem bizarre, no?

Comment

I presume that the sensitivy is either due to the size of his estate or, perhaps more probably, the sums bequeathed to one or more of his female "friends."

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                That would at best be neutral

Given that some/most of the assets concerned derived from the public purse, the secrecy does seem bizarre, no?
                Yes, it does. But then, it's one of those things that becomes hard to back out of. Once you say we no longer need secrecy, there is nothing to hide here, the question becomes "well, what were you hiding in all the previous ones?" Or, more pertinently, when Queenie herself dies and there is plenty to be coy about, why is this private when you published her other halves?

'course, there may have been plenty to hide in all 30 sealed wills. Which were initially sealed in perpetuity, not just for 90 years, it seems.

Comment

Like when you say you have a secret. And then someone tries to guess, and is initially wrong. It is inadvisable to smugly say "No" to all the wrong guesses, because when the right one comes up it becomes obvious that you have suddenly stop saying "Nuh-uh" and are now refusing to answer. The course to take is to blank the questions from the very start, in the cases where there is no fire just as much as the ones where it is raging merrily.

Slightly surprised they didn't get a superinjunction to prevent reporting of the court case. That may be the learning the Royal lawyers take away from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                    Not sure where to put this, but Prince Phillip's will is going to be sealed for at least 90 years to ""protect the dignity and standing of The Queen".

What are they hiding?
                    If The Queen is going to live for another 90 years, they're clearly hiding quite a lot.

Comment

Giant lizards live a surprisingly long time

Comment

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1439341949857697794?s=19

Comment

Christ on a bike

Comment

I think I can see the point they are driving it - the numbers are still at a level where most people don't know someone who has died or even been hospitalised. So it still feels like something of a media story rather than part of real life. Which allows hoax constructs to be believed in a way that something that hits close to home wouldn't. But it is dreadfully phrased and presented.

Comment

Not so much wtf, but more the law of entirely predictable consequences

New Mexico gas stations with attached convenience stores told they can't sell alcohol as well as gas

So they shut down the gas station part of the business and continue to operate convenience store

https://twitter.com/IKEVF/status/1439638971030458372

Comment

If that were the point, my headline would be "How Many Deaths Will It Take For People To Take This Seriously?"

Comment

Hang on... This can't be real can it?
                                  https://twitter.com/almostconverge/status/1441700171226783744?s=19

Just read the comments (recommended by the way. God as T Rex for example cracked me up) and it seems to be genuinely true
                                  Last edited by ad hoc; 26-09-2021, 06:52.

Comment

I'm quite sure it is true and that William Jefferson Clinton would approve of their ingenuity (if not being fond of the solution)

Comment

[https://twitter.com/gruber/status/1441457685644279819?s=21

Comment

Qué?

Comment

Ooo, my phone added the accent...

Comment

But not the upside down question mark

Comment

Ah, but that should've been at the front.

Comment

Is the EU really trying to insist ever device has the same charger? Is that really a priority?

Comment

It is wildly popular with consumers

Comment

Bear in mind that I believe every product that Fitbit has released over the last five years has a different charger. It is highly wasteful bullshittery.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X