• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's top sleuthing by the rozzers there

Comment

https://twitter.com/TJRyan02/status/1395422219120136192?s=19

Comment

Those lame dance lessons we had to do were a white supremacist plot.

Comment

I loved this article precis in my inbox this morning:

Two Florida men under investigation for their alleged part in a multibillion-dollar international money laundering scheme are trying to stop feds from seizing their Kentucky skyscraper, saying the U.S. must stay out of Ukrainian sovereign affairs.
          I can't read the whole thing, but it's so rich with promise. And could only be more "Florida man" if it involved a pet alligator.

Comment

I heard a trailer on Radio 5 for a podcast in which Vanilla Ice investigates the disappearance of Shergar. I think Alan Partridge would reject it as a preposterous idea.

Comment

I watched American Animals, a very well-made film - part narrative and part documentary - about one of the dumbest heists I’ve ever heard of.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/...nsy-book-heist

Comment

Tongue magnets "should be banned"

In the name of anything holy, how was it legal to sell these in the first place?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...anned-says-nhs

Comment

https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1400468727079055362

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                    I heard a trailer on Radio 5 for a podcast in which Vanilla Ice investigates the disappearance of Shergar. I think Alan Partridge would reject it as a preposterous idea.
                    I heard that and, yes, it was very WTF??

Comment

https://twitter.com/ryanbeckwith/status/1401931845139378178

Comment

Someone will have to explain that one to me as I don't recognise the photograph.

Comment

It's a colourised and cropped version of a photo by Dorothea Lange of Florence Owens Thompson taken in 1936 called Migrant Mother which was listed By Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential images of the century

can't link to pictures but someone can post a link to the original, I'm sure
                          Last edited by Nefertiti2; 08-06-2021, 08:19.

Comment

Thanks Nef

It may be the most famous photograph taken in the US and has become the iconic image of the Depression and Dust Bowl migration.

Lange was known for producing multiple crops and exposures of a single photo, but this is the best known version

Last edited by ursus arctos; 15-06-2021, 17:20.

Comment

Thank you. Very interesting.

Comment

Sea snot.

Have we done sea snot yet?

Turkish coast suffers from outbreak of "sea snot"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...shing-industry

Comment

I don't really know what to make of this. The "studio audience" is like some sort of lucid nightmare:

One for danielmak perhaps.

Comment

Presenter, Michael Aspel, rocking triple denim is the real WTF in that clip.

Comment

Does Shelby Houlihan's burrito live here or in Sport?

Edit: I see the "they're all on drugs". I feel that does a slight disservice to the absurdity but that is OK.
                                      Last edited by caja-dglh; 15-06-2021, 16:45. Reason: Found where the burrito was hiding as it was too crazy not to be on here already

Comment

That reminds me.
                                        This was my introduction to the terms punk and new wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                          I don't really know what to make of this. The "studio audience" is like some sort of lucid nightmare:

One for danielmak perhaps.
                                          Seems like some kind of reflection on the first wave of English punk in the context of grunge maybe. But it is strange that the various old punks are mixed in among people making up the audience. I think Poly Styrene was in one of the last shots before Matlock finished talking and the Damned played.

Comment

Are there any branding experts out there?

How is this not "passing off"?

Cadbury to launch "Caramilk"?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/17/cadbu...week-14790360/

Comment

They own the mark

Is your issue that this is somewhat different from the Antipodean version?

Regional differences in branded products are rather common.

Comment

So, every week, LinkedIn does a "You appeared in X searches this week". I don't have much of a LinkedIn presence (haven't updated for about 5 years, never post). Normally it's various financial services firms, PRs, and other financial publications. This week, for some reason, there are three. Save The Children, this "think tank" I've never heard of, and, um, Salesian School Chertsey.

WTF.

Comment

My guess is that they were looking for someone else with the same (or a similar) name.

I've never clicked on one of those notifications. I resisted joining LinkedIn until the firm made it mandatory and still try to ignore it.

Comment

We're interviewing candidates at the moment so It's possible the last one is from one of them rather than the school itself, though that seems like a weird thing to put on your LinkedIn if so.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X