No announcement yet.

The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boots are WH Smith's with a different product line. They are always horrible no matter where you go. And somehow really awkward to find the aisle for the the product you are looking for (this may be cos men's deodorant or whatever is often shoved into a forgotten part of the store and their signposting is shit. Also pisspoor narrow aisles. So when some wan is crouched to examine perfume, there's a jam building up waiting to get thru. Even when they stocked music and computer game tapes and I could reef them out of it with some deft shoplifting, there was something depressing about the stores.

they just have to be major Tory donors.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 29-02-2020, 00:48.

Comment

This is a bit old, but stunned me. I really need to read the rest of the Sumption series, I've only read the first one and that was eye opening about many things but specifically state finances and the issues of raising a fighting force in the 13th century. It has ruined Crusader Kings for me.

Before the war commenced, well over 1,000 ships a year departed Gascony. Among their cargoes were more than 200,000,000 imperial pints (110,000,000 litres; 240,000,000 US pints) of wine.[4][5] The duty levied by the English Crown on wine from Bordeaux, the capital of Gascony, was more than all other customs duties combined and by far the largest source of state income. Bordeaux had a population of more than 50,000, greater than London's,[6] and Bordeaux was possibly richer. However, by this time English Gascony had become so truncated by French encroachments that it relied on imports of food, mostly from England.[7] Any interruptions to regular shipping were liable to starve Gascony and financially cripple England; the French were well aware of this.[8]
      The Black Prince's Chevauchée of 1355

Comment

You had a positive view of Crusader Kings previously?

Comment

Oh I meant the computer game, not the actual historical Kings who crusaded.

Comment

Ah, I was unaware of its existence

Though I do know that historical knowledge can bunk the high of Europa Universalis

I've has Sumption's first volume for months, but have yet to crack it. It is daunting in a Robert Caroesque way.

Comment

Crusader Kings is very similar to EU. I think you can import the end of CK into EU if you wanted.

The Sumption was excellent. I just don't have the shelf space, and maps on eink are rubbish.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-en...mpression=true

Hamsters in take away food containers .

Just an everyday Tuesday in Darlo

Comment

https://twitter.com/npseaver/status/1235627561478168576

Comment

Fusion cuisine at its most bold, there.

I wonder what a fish 'n' chip or roast beef & yorkshire pudding burrito would taste like?

Comment

I'm......curious as to what that tastes like.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                        Fusion cuisine at its most bold, there.

I wonder what a fish 'n' chip or roast beef & yorkshire pudding burrito would taste like?
                        In York you can buy amazing Yorkshire pudding sandwiches, where the Yorkshire pudding is the 'bread' and it's filled with all manner of roasted delights and gravy. They do a vegetarian version which is delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post

In York you can buy amazing Yorkshire pudding sandwiches, where the Yorkshire pudding is the 'bread' and it's filled with all manner of roasted delights and gravy. They do a vegetarian version which is delicious.
                          I had cherries and ice-cream served in a Yorkshire pudding "bowl" there once.

Comment

That sounds amazing Balders. Worth making a pilgrimage up north for specially, almost.

Comment

That might be ok. Just don't call it a burrito.

What Balders describes sounds better.

Comment

I have had pate foie gras with Yorkshire pudding.

Comment

There's a place here that does shredded beef poutine...in a massive Yorkshire pudding bowl. That would be my death-row meal, for sure.

Comment

Burritos shouldn’t be too tightly prescribed. They’re great with all kinds of things in them. And removing the beans and rice is always a winner. I’m not sure boiled cabbage would work, but a sauerkraut might be delicious

Comment

Comment

Of course, the most obvious WTF is that nobody is horrified by the fact that someone can write "bleu cheese". The second WTF is the price, which seems so cheap you'd have to assume that the bowl is tiny and has two rashers of bacon in it.

Comment

Seahouses ILB called out to rescue occupants of two cars on causeway to Holy Island stranded by incoming tide

Wrong times had been displayed on the crossing boards apparently…

Comment

Crossing signs had been "vandalised" -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51799985

Comment

I've just heard an ice-cream van. In March, in Wales, in a pandemic.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...urprise-flight

Comment

Surrey lead the way in resource allocation...

https://www.eagleradio.co.uk/news/lo...itals-tonight/

Comment

Working...
                                                  X