X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1145355152846741504

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
      Deporting a 93 year old. That's beyond heartless.
      That's Australia under the Tories for you...

Comment

Comment

Well that's something you don't see every day.

Comment

Quite why his educational status is relevant is beyond me, as is the decision to partially doxx him.

Comment

Because it is The Times, and the only things that matter are those "relevant" to their readership.

Similar to the Nuclear Holocaust Wipes Out [other city]; Local Man Dies headlines beloved by newspaper parody writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                Quite why his educational status is relevant is beyond me, as is the decision to partially doxx him.
                We're just fortunate it wasn't a 'mum of 3'.

Comment

That reminds me of hearing a report on the shark attack death in the Bahamas the other day, where some US breakfast news described it as "A family vacation was cut short after a deadly shark attack". It's not quite as bad and as unaware, but it was still weird.

Comment

Rare evidence of rational decision-making in Alabama

[URL="https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1146496538471993344?s=21"]https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1146496538471993344[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      It reminds me of a daily mail article covering the death of a friend of mine, who was hit by a police chase as she was going to the ATM. the law firm she worked for was in the first paragraph, the value of her parents house was in the second paragraph, the bangladeshi taxi driver who was also killed in the crash was mentioned in the sixth paragraph. He had three kids. It made me surprisingly furious, and would have horrified her.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It reminds me of a daily mail article covering the death of a friend of mine, who was hit by a police chase as she was going to the ATM. the law firm she worked for was in the first paragraph, the value of her parents house was in the second paragraph, the bangladeshi taxi driver who was also killed in the crash was mentioned in the sixth paragraph. He had three kids. It made me surprisingly furious, and would have horrified her.
                        That's upsetting on many levels.

Comment

Absolutely the Daily Mail template though

They run multiple pieces every day fitting that precise outline

Comment

In fairness HP, the Daily mail have never hidden what they are.

Comment

Yeah. But they're really going out of their way to show they're not a real newspaper.

Comment

I'm genuinely angry at all of those words.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                  Yeah. But they're really going out of their way to show they're not a real newspaper.
                                  no, this is what passes for newspapers in the UK. As far as I can tell this is what the mail has always been like.

Comment

Have you got a link to the story, Colm?

Comment

no, this is what passes for newspapers in the UK. As far as I can tell this is what the mail has always been like.
                                      No not always. It was my parents' daily after the News Chronicle* folded. Beaverbrook's Daily Express had the the popular right-wing trash-tag back then. The Mail was kinda meh.

*The lineage of both can be traced backed to Charles Dickens . He'd be thrilled I'm sure.

Comment

Was that at least somewhat a reaction to the unpleasantness with their support for the Nazis before the War?

When I was a kid, the NewYork Post was the most left-leaning daily paper in New York. Papers change.

Comment

TBH I really don't know. It ticked along blandly in the 50s and 60s but inherited the editorial staff of the tabloid Daily Sketch when it went bust in the early 70s. That seems to be when it changed radically, but I'm really not sure as I didn't see it then. The Harmsworth/Rothermere family are still part of the ownership group as they have been since WW1.
                                          Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 04-07-2019, 01:31.

Comment

Fuckin’ Alaska. Beautiful place run by terrible people.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ical-meltdown/

Comment

Could be a photo shoot for a magazine? Or, yes, Chinese couples often like to have lots of different wedding photos taken before the wedding, and some of them are deliberately humorous. This is probably an attempt to replicate the stereotype of a typical Western marriage. They might have other photos taken performing other marriage tropes. I don't really see the harm.

Comment

Nor do I.

I found the take on "typical Western marriage" to be amusing and revealing as to both sides of the purported cultural divide.

It is largely impossible to go to photogenic parts of NYC on a weekend without seeing East Asian bridal parties being ferried around town for photographs.

Comment

Working...
                                                X