X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Yeah, you Brits are shit too.

I wondered about the 40oz thing also.
    I remember buying bottles of Crazy Horse malt beer in New Jersey before and couldn't understand why it was a weight measurement.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Posted without comment.*

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-transgender-woman-sent-male-prison-admitting/story-28055901-detail/story.html

*Sadly.

This didn't occur to the readership of the Dially Mile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3291097/Transgender-woman-born-man-sent-male-prison-despite-fears-safety-following-assault-conviction.html#reader-comments

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Egg producers routinely slaughter vast numbers of unwanted male chicks by grinding them up alive.

http://www.nationofchange.org/2015/10/21/germany-becomes-the-first-nation-to-ban-chick-shredding/

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I think, in the UK, male chicks are already dead before they are ground up. Their short life involves hatching, then being put on a conveyor belt which takes them to a gas chamber, where they are gassed to death in their hundreds, and finally ground to pieces in a macerator.

I say 'gas chamber', it's more like a small box full of corpses.

I have no idea why we are still sending trans women to men's prisons. That's FFS rather than WTF.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Guy Potger wrote: Posted without comment.*

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-transgender-woman-sent-male-prison-admitting/story-28055901-detail/story.html

*Sadly.
            There's a petition on this, and her case seems to be attracting national attention, so maybe something will happen soon. Getting arrested has to be high on the list of most trans people's worst fears.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Pupil dies after being stabbed at school in Aberdeen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-34660140

Comment

The WTF? Thread

From a History textbook which meets Texas State Board of Education standards:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Granted I'm no expert on the law, but I do think emailing the judge in your case and telling him you hope he dies in a gas chamber in block capitals may prejudice your chances.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Wow. I have to say, it looks as if the scumbag is probably getting off far too lightly, by the standards of UK divorce financial orders, so I'm not convinced that dishonesty (non-disclosure of assets etc.) and threatening behaviour isn't paying off here. 50-50 split of existing capital assets made in the case is pretty much the norm, the assumption of £500k undisclosed assets is guesswork which might be a large underestimate (or not of course), and above all the bastard has terrorised his ex-wife into putting up with a "clean break", i.e no permanent periodical payments order, which is unusually favourable to a husband. What a vile thug.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Employee "perks" in Utah

Under Jonathan Johnson's leadership at Overstock.com, the company has socked away $10.9 million in gold and silver and has a three-month food supply for each employee, bracing for a financial crisis that the Republican gubernatorial candidate said is certain to come.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Employee "perks" in Utah

Under Jonathan Johnson's leadership at Overstock.com, the company has socked away $10.9 million in gold and silver and has a three-month food supply for each employee, bracing for a financial crisis that the Republican gubernatorial candidate said is certain to come.
                          I wonder if people ever forget to pack a lunch and dip in to the food supply instead. "Dan, we keep telling you--those MREs are for the end times!"

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Guy Potger wrote: Posted without comment.*

*Sadly.

This didn't occur to the readership of the Dially Mile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3291097/Transgender-woman-born-man-sent-male-prison-despite-fears-safety-following-assault-conviction.html#reader-comments
                            Saw that story and had no idea she was a Bath resident. She's in a female prison now, isn't she?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Gentleman's furniture

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Bored, yes she is.

His royal cakeness

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Considering that the account that posted that appears to be an entirely serious monarchy-loving one, I love the fact that every single reply to it is pointing out how ridiculous it is.

In other news, some Yale faculty members write an email to student body suggesting they might want to avoid dressing up in blackface and similar for Halloween, and the students respond, obviously, by totally losing their shit.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Didn't they lose their shit over another faculty member questioning the initial letter?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

There's nothing wrong with having a healthy sexual relationship.

Just maybe not in a busy shopping centre in front of your children

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Legends of the day:

Two drinkers refuse to let the full scale flooding of the Kirkstall Bridge Inn, Leeds get in the way of finishing their pints.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

From 2009

The Banger Awards were created by the British Sausage Appreciation Society to honour and recognise Britain’s biggest sausage lovers. Past recipients of these unique Awards include Jonathan Ross, Phil Tufnell, Phil Vickery, Richard and Judy, Al Murray, Chris Evans and Jimmy Doherty. In 2007 Sir Terry Wogan received the first Lifetime Achievement Award for his devotion to the British Sausage and lifetime membership to the British Sausage Appreciation Society.

Everyone knows there is something a little bit magical about sausages. This year the British Sausage Appreciation Society will aim to uncover the illusion and reveal what makes a really good sausage. Butchers from across the country have entered a national competition and Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee are travelling the country from Monday 2nd November tasting a plethora of the best sizzlers in the country to crown the magical ones in each region. Regional winners will be placed on the official British Sausage Week Map and receive a much sort after Banger Award, plus a donation to a local charity of their choice.

Paul Daniels, commented: “British Sausage Week is a national institution and an event I am proud to be involved in. Like with a good magic illusion, sausages come in some many varieties and I look forward to finding out what makes a really special sausage.”

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ad hoc wrote: Didn't they lose their shit over another faculty member questioning the initial letter?
                                              Ah was that it? I completely misread that article, in that case, by the look of it.

Apologies for the slow follow-up, I totally forgot having made that post.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I guess the WTF is mostly about the independents, though it is quite startling how nuts the Republicans AND Tea Party are in this regard.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

28% of DEMOCRATS is enough for a WTF in our household.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X