The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

19 year old beaten to death by his parents inside a church. WTF?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

"Pork or Nothing"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/13/pork-school-dinners-france-secularism-children-religious-intolerance

s scrapping a pork-free option a victory for secularism – or just an example of religious intolerance?
      It was Torquemada who used to execute people for not eating pork "as they didn't like it", wasn't it?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Evariste Euler Gauss wrote: ha ha, lord love a duck!

That Auntie Christ thing, fucking hell! She really was serious about the thing, wasn't she. Words fail. Kid's mother died last year too, according to that last link. That auntie is one seriously fucked up woman.
        Yeah, see, when I read that, I wondered whether this whole thing was prompted by the kid inheriting a life insurance policy or something. I honestly can't imagine what the motivation would have been otherwise.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Sam wrote: Minutes - and I mean literally about fifteen or twenty minutes - in the car from the village I grew up in. Reading that page, I wonder why I ever wanted to leave.
          I'd like to go to a pub with a goose in it.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Man tries to extinguish garbage fire in his field by driving a van full of guns and ammo over the fire, with inevitable outcome...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

MsD wrote:
              Originally posted by Sam
              Minutes - and I mean literally about fifteen or twenty minutes - in the car from the village I grew up in. Reading that page, I wonder why I ever wanted to leave.
              I'd like to go to a pub with a goose in it.
              Prefer duck to goose.

Goose is far too greasy.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Gaah, I came here to post exactly this story.

It is certainly a profound metaphor for something, I'm just not sure what.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The annual Lanarkshire church hall raffle for RUC memorabilia proved exceptionally popular this year.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Hwee?

Is that genuine?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Airplane "Meal" Goes Awry

A PASSENGER who witnessed a man bite another passenger before being pronounced dead on an Aer Lingus flight has described the "very violent" scenes.

John Leonard, from Cork, was travelling on flight EI-485 from Lisbon to Dublin last night when a Brazilian man took ill and allegedly bit another passenger .

The man had to be restrained after it was claimed he became extremely violent before he fell unconscious and died.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Now reported that the dead man's body "contained packages of a powdered substance". Which probably makes both the death and the behaviour leading up to it a little less puzzling.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Forced shopping in Hong Kong.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Airbnb put up passive-aggressive ads in San Francisco about the amount of taxes it pays.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Airbnb really deserve for that to backfire. They really hit the silicon valley asshole behavior ball out of the park.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It's really astounding that for how smart some of these people are, that they have no understanding how some of their messaging will play to the wider public that already doesn't like them, or to just ask someone about it first.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Bangalore, recently:

Documentary photographer Debasish Ghosh has captured images of the clouds floating around the city and overrunning the roads. The foam comes from Bellandur, a 1.4-square-mile lake that for years has been polluted by chemical and sewage waste. Every time it rains, the lake rises and wind lifts the froth up and carries it into the city.

The toxic foam gets in the way of pedestrians and cars, creating awful traffic jams. It carries a stench so strong that it burns the nose. And if it comes into contact with your skin, you’ll get an itchy rash.

“It causes a nuisance,” Ghosh says.

Making matters worse, the froth is flammable. In May and June, the entire lake caught fire, leaving a 56-year-old man who was standing on a bridge above the lake with a ruptured cornea.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Oh, Romania

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11949701/AEP-Eurozone-crosses-Rubicon-as-Portugals-anti-euro-Left-banned-from-power.html

(Deserving of it's own Portuguese Elections 2016 thread, or belongs here?)

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ginger Yellow wrote: Bangalore, recently:

Documentary photographer Debasish Ghosh has captured images of the clouds floating around the city and overrunning the roads. The foam comes from Bellandur, a 1.4-square-mile lake that for years has been polluted by chemical and sewage waste. Every time it rains, the lake rises and wind lifts the froth up and carries it into the city.

The toxic foam gets in the way of pedestrians and cars, creating awful traffic jams. It carries a stench so strong that it burns the nose. And if it comes into contact with your skin, you’ll get an itchy rash.

“It causes a nuisance,” Ghosh says.

Making matters worse, the froth is flammable. In May and June, the entire lake caught fire, leaving a 56-year-old man who was standing on a bridge above the lake with a ruptured cornea.
                                        "it causes a nuisance" classic understatement there!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11...nned-from-power.html

(Deserving of it's own Portuguese Elections 2016 thread, or belongs here?)
                                          Guy, I'd already posted that link, and commented on it, on the "Greece, or why Europe's doomed" thread, and I agree it could deserve a thread of its own.

The reaction of the wise men of OTF to my outrage seemed to be "normal constitutional procedure, nothing to see here, just the Telegraph spinning something in order to attack the EU". See "Europe's doomed" thread for details. We'll see, I'm sure.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I stand abashed.

Mea maxima culpa magister.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I find myself wondering what the fuck is wrong with people on a daily basis. Some people are psychopaths, some people are just thugs, but it takes a special kind of stupidity to think that something like this is okay to do.

Driver runs over a teenager and then tweets a photo of his bloody body.

Oh yeah, Florida, it almost goes without saying.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Well now.
                                                I'm trying really hard not to laugh at the 'with an electric guitar and a microwave oven' part.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...friend-n451846

Americans can't drink at all, can they?
                                                No wonder they're not allowed alcohol until 21 years old.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Unlike the British who are all so responsible with alcohol?

What's a 40oz bottle btw? Is that fluid ounces, i.e. 2 pints?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yes.

About 1.2 litres.

You must not watch a lot of hip hop videos, Guy.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X