• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

COLTON BURPO!

What a name.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Seriously, though, people, always insist on REAL heaven-and-back memoirs like Burpo's, not malarkey like Malarkey's.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: We are truly getting down to the rump of possible jokes on this topic.
        Trust Ursus to be a party pooper.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Bullshit's book is still available, and selling well.
            Hah...I didn't know that Bullshit's dad was a small-town pastor. Now fancy that...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Let's not forget that the film made itself about 90 million in box office.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

To be fair, it's a good looking postbox

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote:
                    Go on then.

What. The. FUCK?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I have no clue.

Part of me doesn't really believe that they actually posted that.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Is that a spoof site?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhutanese_passport

Click on the "Listen to this article"- top right of page.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote:
                            I see they've changed the title now, acknowledging that people found it offensive.

I read the article, it's interesting. On the one hand, I am thinking "what business is this of a college? These are grown men and women." The idea of a college taking an interest in my sex life seems downright weird to me.

Then, thinking again, young women (in particular) really need to learn some assertiveness around this (and not act like some of the flakes quoted as examples) and young men (mostly) need to learn to wait for a definite "yes", for their own sakes as well as their partners'. That would be a good change in the culture.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Here's the article.

It's a major issue for universities here because they are facing very real exposure to massive lawsuits for having failed to take campus rape seriously. They are also facing serious protests from their female (and feminist) students and alumni. The mattress protests at Columbia are one high profile example of this.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Majority of US public school students in poverty.

The Southern Education Foundation reports that 51 percent of students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade in the 2012-2013 school year were eligible for the federal program that provides free and reduced-price lunches. The lunch program is a rough proxy for poverty, but the explosion in the number of needy children in the nation’s public classrooms is a recent phenomenon that has been gaining attention among educators, public officials and researchers.
                                This genuinely shocked me, and it takes quite a bit to do that these days. Our system is seriously broken.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Nordie Gaa players have changed, and for the better

Comment

The WTF? Thread

caja-dglh wrote:
                                      Originally posted by ursus arctos
                                      We are truly getting down to the rump of possible jokes on this topic.
                                      Trust Ursus to be a party pooper.
                                      Seems Ursus isn't the only party-pooper -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-30876360

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Liverpool fan names daughter "YNWA" (Pronounced Yee-Nwa)

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Repeatedly shouting her name would make you sound like a police car siren.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Not to mention a bad wool.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Such a massive red she got photo'd for this news story whilst wearing a Tromso shirt.

Disgusting.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

When Copying and Pasting Goes Wrong

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Traffic cops in nappies for the Pope's visit to the Philippines...

Comment

The WTF? Thread

You know when I mentioned that thing about the tampons a couple of pages ago? You probably thought that was as crazy as Argentina could get during the quiet month of the year, didn't you? Oh fucking hell, were you wrong...

Prosecutor found dead in his own flat hours before he was due to testify that the current government had colluded to help cover up the Iranian government's role in the 1992 terrorist bombing of the Israeli embassy. Article almost entirely in Spanish.

I don't even have the time to go into how filthy this all is. Genuinely, if it had happened in a country that actually mattered on the world stage, the international outrage would off the fucking charts. I'd start another thread, but y'know... it's Argentina, so none of you give a toss.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X