The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

I would be overcome with happiness if I got to ride a plane with a pig in first class. The comedy would be outstanding. It would take me months to come down off that high.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Real Madrid removes cros s from their badge for sponsor.

One of the flagship items announced at the event was a brand-new National Bank of Abu Dhabi credit card that doubles as a Real Madrid membership card. Images of this new product have now surfaced, revealing that it features an edited version of the regular 'Los Blancos' badge, with the cross - a Christian symbol - above the crown removed so as to avoid causing offence or discomfort among Muslim customers.

As Florentino put it a couple of months ago, "I know that the local people experience every match in a special way and that our links with the UAE are constantly growing stronger. This agreement will help the club to keep conquering the hearts of followers in the United Arab Emirates". And from the looks of things, the club is willing to compromise on aspects of its identity in pursuit of these new fans.
      That actually is political correctness gone mad.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Tempura Cannon

No, really.
        Japan is awesome.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The Texas Brain Store Mass A Where?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

When my mother worked at Neurological Institute, her office happened to have a number of bookshelves that housed a portion of the Institute's brain collection.

She never tired of describing my father's reaction when he first walked into her office, and I'm not sure that he ever really got over it.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Great moments in advertising:

Kraft Horrible Salad Dressing

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ahaha. He actually says "pourable", but when you listen to it 'blind', you don't hear it.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Yeah. It's become a standing joke out here. Last night Shorthouse actually spelled out "P-O-U-R-A-B-L-E" to make it clear, but every time he says it, it sounds like horrible. What it's also done is make people notice what a idiotic slogan it is. It's salad dressing, in a bottle, of course it's pourable. What else would it be?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

UKIP's favourite boardgame?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: British Immigration judges are certainly different
                      Guilty. He'll be going down, unless they find him mentally unstable. He's a piece of work - he believes Bin Laden was a German agent. Edward Heath was a paedophile child murderer and the German Secret Service abducted Madeleine McCann. They also found disturbing child images on his laptop. If he really was training secret agents (difficult to ascertain given his bullshitting fantasies) we are truly fucked.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Massive fire at an apartment building construction site in Los Angeles right alongside two freeways in downtown. This video taken by someone on the road is surreal and frightening:

https://vine.co/v/Or6KiY0jK6A

Comment

The WTF? Thread

My first thought is insurance-grounded arson, but I'm a cynic.

Hope (and believe) that there are no casualties.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The same developer has a handful of other oversized ugly "Mediterranean" style apartment buildings near the 110 (they helped the trend of people moving to Downtown, but with buildings that look like they belong in Sherman Oaks...this building was to be called the Da Vinci, they also have the Orsini and the Medici), I don't think they're hurting for money, but that is always my first thought also.

The developer made news a few months back when they asked for permission to build pedestrian bridges between some of their buildings and spots in downtown, to allow their residents to walk to destinations without encountering the homeless. "The best form of self-defense is not being placed in a situation where you have to defend yourself," they said in their request to the city. It's something straight out of City of Quartz.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

This is an outrage. A small Peruvian would have been eaten alive in The Shed.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

LA Fire being treated as criminal.

If the entire thing did indeed go up at once, that virtually never happens spontaneously.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What a complete, total and utter prick of a man this is.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A friend described him as the exemplar of the worst kind of people that you meet in law school.

Another friend said he was an exemplar of the worst kind of people you meet in business school.

They are both absolutely right.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

When people behave like that - and get found out - I sincerely wish everyone would cut ties with them. Give him the Ghomeshi treatment for being an insufferable human being.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I have a feeling he won't be showing up at college reunions.

Unfortunately, I can't be as sure about law or business schools.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

You know a guy like that has developed his own incredibly stringent and detailed system for how much to tip a server. "Water refilled only once...that takes it down to a 12% gratuity".

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A bit old this, but I just discovered that this was the official mission patch for a launch by the US's spy satellite agency:

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Did you see the Smithsonian Mag story on them?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: A friend described him as the exemplar of the worst kind of people that you meet in law school.

Another friend said he was an exemplar of the worst kind of people you meet in business school.

As Bobcat Goldthwaite said, "Success is for creeps."

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: A friend described him as the exemplar of the worst kind of people that you meet in law school.

Business school types will almost universally side with the small business owner and strongly against litigating power-hungry douchebags like this prof.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That may be true of Haas grads (though not my sister-in-law) but surely is not true of HBS types.

I note that the guy is "teaching" at the B School and not practicing law.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X