The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

Is there something about positions of authority that attracts petty, small-minded assholes? Because I can't see any other explanation for this:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/02/11/transgender_woman_moved_from_mens_jail.html

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I suppose this is as good a place as any

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Place? Yes.
        Time? No. ursus beat you to the punch (massive explosion?) by almost today days.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

If you're going to (allegedly) cheat, make sure you cheat big

17 going on 41

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I mean, he looks so obviously old that lying purposefully seems like you would be caught, because who could get away with that...so maybe he's telling the truth.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

McLovin'. 25. Hawaii.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

When councils ramp-age.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

southportzeb wrote: If you're going to (allegedly) cheat, make sure you cheat big

17 going on 41

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Because it would be too much for NBC journos to have to drink Russian coffee. So they've smuggled a Starbucks in.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

One in four Americans unaware that the earth circles the sun.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The full report is available here.

Take a look at page 7-23. Recent surveys in the EU, India and Malaysia all produced a lower percentage of correct answers on the heliocentrism question.

The entire table is rather sobering.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The entire report is rather sobering.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

By popular request, I bring you again, the monks of Mount Athos, an all-bloke territory with over 30 monasteries. Now and again, things get a bit tasty. In 2006, at least seven monks needed treatment after being beaten with fire extinguishers and crowbars.

I've just seen this report from last summer, which includes a monk lobbing a Molotov cocktail out of a window.

http://grreporter.info/en/fight_between_monks_esphigmenou_monastery_mount_at hos/9775

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I'm admittedly a little biased, but this sort of thing seemed funnier when it was happening to the Social Sciences

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Has anyone analysed Diable Rouge's thread starters?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

One survey estimates that 14,000 Russian women die each year as a result of domestic abuse!

Comment

The WTF? Thread

That sounds .. Unbelievably high. It is a serious problem there, however.

On a lighter note:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kenya-pastor-orders-woman-attend-church-without-underwear-so-god-enters-them-easier-1438693

Comment

The WTF? Thread

He is believed not to have given the male members of the congregation the same advice.
                                      Imagine.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Surely any deity worth his or her salt can negotiate a bit of elastic. He's saying God got less moves than the average 15 year old boy.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The Al Jazeera journalists currently on trial in Cairo

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A graph plotting how Cambridge colleges' academic performance correlates with the quality of their wine cellar.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Bah. Everything looks correlated in logscale.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

The practice of putting those on trial in cages in the courtroom strikes me as so bizarre and unfair. Doesn't it bias judges and juries against the defendants? Is this a standard civil law practice (I know I've seen it done in photos from mafia trials in Italy), as opposed to common law traditions?

As draconian and cruel as the U.S. legal system can be, at least we don't do that.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

It isn't a standard civil law practice, and is reserved for extremely high security mass trials in Italy (and criticized even in that context).

Comment

The WTF? Thread

So it's a Catholic thing?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X